Training Day 1

3rd Person POV
Kattegat
The Next Day
The Mikaelson siblings walked over to the designated training area where the Ragnarsons and their closest companions were waiting to address the warriors they had gathered for their army.
"Good morning all, we just want to see what kind of skills you all have to see where in the army you will fit best in. For example, archers or those who would be best used in the shield wall." Bjorn started "You may have heard stories of how good a fighter our father was and how well he trained us." Ivar continued.
"This will be fun." Kol remarked to his siblings in the crowd. "Remember Kol, you can't kill any of them, it's only training." Klaus pointed out. "Is any else really curious to see how Ivar fights? You know considering his legs don't work." Rebekah asked. "Yes, that will be interesting." Elijah mused.

With the Mikaelsons

Klaus and Elijah paired off first to practice their sword fighting. Meanwhile, Finn knowing how much the twins loved to spar with each other and how much knowledge of other fighting styles they had warned them to not to do anything to extreme or fancy, that would attract attention and cause people to ask questions; to which Kol rolled his eyes and Rebekah pouted at.

With the Ragnarsons

Whilst training with his brothers, Bjorn stepped away when he saw his wife, Thorunn, appear at the trading grounds. "Does your presence here mean that you've decided to come with us to Northumbria?" Bjorn asked her, Thorunn replied "Yes, our children were telling me about how much they missed their Farfar and I thought both of us should go and avenge him for them." Her statement made Bjorn both sad and angry on behalf of his children who would grow up without their grandfather "Very well. Will you train with me?" He asked whilst taking her hand. "Not just now, you know I'm not fond of using axes, I will go train with Lagertha." Thorunn answered him, Bjorn smiled at her "Ok, I better go train with Sigurd, Hvitserk is beating him quite easily."
Once he rejoined his brothers Ubbe asked them what they thought of the warriors they had gathered. "Some are clearly better than others, but I'm sure between Lagertha and us we can whip them into shape." Hvitserk supplied. "King Harald's grandchildren are certainly the most formidable of them all." Ivar pointed out. The brothers looked over to where the Mikaelson siblings were training with the army they brought.

A/n: imagine each sibling has a group of their own where this happens.

The brothers nodded in appreciation and Sigurd remarked " if that's how quickly they can take down their own army, I wonder how quickly they can take down their enemies." Leaving the brothers with lots to think about.
"Ok I think that will do for today we do not want to tire ourselves out before the battle." Björn announced to the crowd.

Farfar = grandfather