Chapter 11: Where is She?

Jay's POV

"Where is she?!?"

"No need to talk like that detective, we're just having fun!"

"You think this is funny? She's your daughter, you're the one who's supposed to protect her, now tell me where Laura is!"

"That's the thing detective, I never wanted that little rat, she ruined everything I had planned for my life. Honestly, if it had been up to me, she wouldn't even be born!"

"She ruined your life? You're the one who ruined hers!"

"She shouldn't have sniched on me, Laura knew what I'm capable of."

"Knew? What have you done to her?!? Where is she? Where's Laura? Tell me right now or I swear to god I'll break your face!"

"Breaking the rules now detective! I wouldn't bother myself, you know? Even if you do find her, she'll probably be already dead."

"You son of a bitch!"

I couldn't control  my anger anymore and started punching him until blood was runing down his nose and mouth and he was on the ground almost unconscious. I quickly realised what I had just done and closed the cage door leaving him on the floor trying to stand up, but then Hailey got into the garage and saw what had happened, she stepped closer to me with a horrifying look on her face knowing that this could get us both in some serious trouble. I knew it too, but my common sense flew out of the window in the moment Bruno said what he had done to Laura.

"Oh my God Jay! What have you done? Are you out of your mind?!?"

"He killed her, the son of a bitch killed her!"

"You don't know that, not yet! We got a lead on her possible location, it might not be late we're gonna find her!"

"Fine, let's go."

"Partiste-me o nariz, Cabrão!"

"Shut up! And if I were you, I'd start praying that she's still alive, or I'm gonna come back and finish what I've started!"

"Then you better hurry up, the clock is ticking detective!"

"You open your mouth again and I'll shut it forever!"

"Jay, enough! He's gonna pay for what he did, but we need to hurry up, there's not much time left. Let's go!"

I grabbed my gun and badge and followed Hailey to the car while she explained me where we were going and what was happening.

"So the techs analised the GPS on Bruno's car and found out that before being arrested Bruno went to a junkyard, which doesn't make any sense because it's in the oposite side of the town where he was arrested and so we suspect that it might be the place where he left Laura."

"Then drive faster, because from the amount of blood we saw in the living room she doesn't have much time left!"

"I know we're almost there, the rest of the team is coming too and also a canine unit to help with the search."

"I can't believe we let something like this happen. Laura should be safe with us right now, not in god knows where bleeding out to death."

"Don't say that, we've talked about this before, we're only giving up when we find her body, until then, we won't start making assumptions."

"It's not an assumption, it's a fact, Bruno told me in my face that he had killed her. You know it, I know it, we're just delaying the impossible because we're too scared to face the truht."