Hospitalized

I stare in complete shock. Drew's face has lost all of its color. My first instinct was to comfort him, but instead, my phone rings in my pocket. I answer it. "Hello?" A young woman's voice can be heard and I recognized it instantly. "Sarah! Hey, Sunshine!"

Even though I cannot see her, I can hear her scoff. "I told you not to call me that." She tells me. I roll my eyes. I called her beforehand. I get out of the car and help a weak and tired Drew out of the backseat.

I still stayed on the phone with Sarah. Following her orders until I finally see a nurse from the hospital with a wheelchair. I help Drew get out of the car and to sit in the wheelchair and wheel him through the hospital's automatic doors. The nurse tells me that Drew will be taken away to the emergency room. But, I doubt they will take him there.

The nurse then tells me to sign some papers. I signed them as fast as I can. My signature was a mess of scribble scrabble, my hands begin to shake and the pen slips out of my hand and falls on the floor. I pick it up, place it on the clipboard and hand it back to the nurse.

"May I please be there with him?" I asked the nurse, begging her to say yes.

Before she can reply to my question, I see Sarah step out of the emergency room. She is wearing sunshine yellow scrubs that are accented with light pink roses all over. Her matching face mask (made out of fabric) covers her nose and mouth.

"Jonathan Silver Scott?" I stand up and hug her when she comes close.

I see that sadness is in her eyes. "Drew has... appendicitis... and the flu..." She tells me.

I suddenly start to panic.