The Flu

It has been two days since Drew was released from the hospital. Sarah warned me that there is the possibility of him having a relapse of the flu.

"Jonathan..." Drew whines, as I gently place a cool flannel on his forehead. Drew sighs as he feels the coolness. Gracie and Stewie race into the the room, barking happily. I instantly grab them and place them both outside. I love my dogs very much, but I do not want them around their sick uncle right now.

All of a sudden, Drew collapses off the couch and starts coughing so much that he struggles to breathe. I gently cup his face in my hands, but I instantly jerk back when I felt the burning heat radiate off of him.

"Drew... Shh. Shh." He starts to cry and cough at the same time. My brother is suffering and I have no idea what to do right now.

I grab a blanket and wrap it around my brother's trembling body. "Shh. Shh. It is okay, Drew. You are okay. I am right here." I cooed in his ear softly. People who do not know us personally may think that it is crazy that I treat my brother this way. Well, that is what family is for, right?
____________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the short chapter. Life is just keeping me busy. I am also slowly running out of ideas.

Hope you enjoyed!

-❤WriterForGod