Safe & Sound

It has been a week since Drew's flu relapse. Now, he is feeling better physically. But... not emotionally.

Drew has been in a depression for the whole week. The flu relapse has stopped. Thank goodness; or how Sarah would put it, "Thank the Holy King." Whatever.

But, I think Sarah made a huge impact in our lives. Drew was happier when she came by to check on him. While she would check on him, I would stand by the doorway and watch closely at what she is doing. I know she is a good person and does things right, but I think she hates listening to her colleagues. That reason is because she does not do things like vaccines, give patients medication that are toxic or believe that IVs are helpful.

She is actually a nutritionist. She believes in using clean medicine. My thinking process is interrupted by Drew crying all of a sudden. "I-I... do not... feel... safe... here..." A sob escapes his lips.

I walk over to him and gently hug him from behind. I place my hand on his chest. His heart is beating so fast that I think it is about to explode out of his chest! He then squeezed my hand so hard that I winced at the contact.

I hear Sarah softly sing a song. Another Christian lullaby, maybe? I sing the soft song along with her.

🎶Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now...

I see-e-ee
I see-e-ee, oh-oh-ohh
I see-e-ee

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first...

Belie-e-ee-ved
Belie-e-ee-ved, oh-oh-ohh
Belie-e-ee-ved

Now I see-e-ee
I see-e-ee, oh-oh-ohh
I see-e-ee

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun
Oh when we first...

Begu-u-u-nn
Begu-u-u-nn, oh-oh-ohh
Begu-u-u-nn

Now I see-e-ee
I see-e-ee, oh-oh-ohh
I see-e-ee...🎶
_________________

I see Drew relax. I whisper sweet nothings in his ear. "Thank you..." He whispers to Sarah and I.

"You are safe and sound. Always will be." I say, "Thanks to God."
____________________

THE END