why do you act like this

Its time for bed and Lillie is nowhere to be seen. I walk up stairs with George when he stops.

"Fred isn't that the girl from earlier?"

I look out the window to find her on the roof starring at the night sky. She looked cute starring at the vast night sky. Her mind mile away.

" come on George let's go to bed. "

we walk off to our room and go to sleep. A couple hours later I get out of bed and bring a blanket with me.

I walk to the window and climb onto the roof. I rap the blanket around her and sit down.

" Lillie you should get some sleep and stay here so your wounds can heal "

she lifts the side of her hoodie to show me the wounds. They were almost healed and she just got fixed up a few hours ago

" how is that possible?"

She doesn't anewer and just sits there. She seems distracted so I get up and head back to the house. She grabs me pant leg and I turn around.

" please don't leave "

I nod and sit back down beside her. She stares at the night sky in deep thought.

" you're not like the others"
" what do you mean ?"
" nothing. Never mind. "

I fall asleep with that in my mind. When I wake up George is shaking me. We go down stairs to find breakfast waiting for us.

" mum did you make this?"
" no dear I just got up."

George nods and digs in.

" Aurther dear have you seen that little girl ?"
" last time I saw her she was starring aimlessly at the field. "

mother nods and goes to do the dishes. A few minutes later we hear a scream. We look to see what's wrong and see Lillie do dishes and drying them.

We walk are separet ways and Lillie went outside. She never talked and alternated between making dinner and breakfast. When ever I tried talking to her or try to play with her she gives me this blank look. I'm sick of it! I just want to hang out with her. I want to know why. I look for her around the house and of course she is sitting on the roof starring at the stars.

" Lillie. Lillie! Look at me!" I yell behind her. She stops and looks over her shoulder at me blankly.
" why? Why do you act like this? Why do you treat me like this? " I sit beside her.
" Fred why do you always want to talk to me?! Why do you always want to be close to me Fred!?!?!?! Why!?!!!???" I look at her dumb founded.
" what do you mean why? Why else I want to hang out and play with you. I like talking to you ."
" you don't think I'm weird. You're not scared of me?"
" scared of you? Why would I be scared of you?"
" everyone is sacred of me. They all think I'm weird. I can do things others can't."
" that doesn't make you weird. It just makes you unique. "

I hug her lightly and get up. I go to sleep with a smile on my face. I will make her happy.