Day Seven: Falling Leaves

A/N: Law and Luffy playing in the leaves.

Word Count: 698 

Law dragged the last of the leaves through the lawn and into the pile on the grass. Just as he was ready to start bagging leaves Bepo came sprinting through the back yard. He was barking at law with his tail wagging frantically. Chopper was chasing after him, barking just as much. Luffy wasn't far behind. He came sprinting to the Law and the leaf pile. Law knew what was coming before Luffy could even follow throw with it.

Bepo and Chopper dove into the leaf pile and Law dropped the rake just in time for Luffy to tackle him. Luffy hit him with so much force Law stumbled back into the leaf pile. Law was surprised he didn't land on one of the dogs.

Leaves crunched under Law and Luffy laughed loud as they hit the ground. Chopper was chasing Bepo, doing laps around the leaf pile.

"Luffy!" Law snapped.

Luffy threw his leg over Law and straddled him. He threw up all the leaves, laughing. Bepo barked at the leaves and tried to catch them in the air. Chopper rolled around in leaves, wagging his tail and tossing leaves everywhere.

"I just spent an hour raking this!" Law grumbled.

"See! We have to jump in it!" Luffy insisted. "Besides, Bepo and Chopper are having so much fun."

"Hm," Law hummed, he sat up, pulling Luffy into his lap. "I think I'd prefer if their fun didn't involve throwing leaves all over the backyard I just cleaned up."

"Don't be a grump!" Luffy pouted and cupped Law's face in his hands. He pushed the corners of Law's mouth into a smile with his thumbs. Luffy grinned at Law.
Law sighed and pushed Luffy's hands from his face. He leaned in a little closer to Luffy and gave him a small smile.

"Can I have a kiss?" Law asked. Luffy pulled on Law's jacket and kissed Law. The kiss was quick and innocent and entirely inadequate. They were only parted for a moment before Law kissed Luffy.

Law wrapped his arm around Luffy, pressing his hand on Luffy's lower back. Luffy wrapped his arms around Law's neck and brushed his fingers through Law's hair.

They parted much slower this time. Law looked at Luffy with that small smile that still gave Luffy butterflies in his stomach.

"You're helping me rake this up," Law said.

"Only after we play in it some more!" Luffy shouted. He threw up more leaves and they fluttered slowly back down.

"Alright, alright," Law said, taking his own handful of leaves. He pulled on the collar of Luffy's shirt. He shoved the leaves down Luffy's shirt just in time for Chopper to leap between them. Law used it as his chance to toss Luffy into the leaves and got to his feet.

"Torao!" Luffy shouted. "I'm gunna get you!"

"I'd like to see you try," Law taunted with a cocky smirk. Luffy grabbed a handful of leaves and came running at Law with Chopper on his heels. Law ducked behind the big oak tree and Bepo nearly tripped Law when he came around the other side of it.

Luffy met him on the other side of the tree and threw the leaves in Law's face. Leaves caught in Law's hair and Law pushed Luffy against the tree, pinning Luffy between Law and the tree.

"Oh, that's hot," Luffy muttered, looking up at Law with those gorgeous brown eyes.

"Oh, you think so?" Law asked he tilted Luffy's chin up with that smirk of his that made Luffy bite his lip.

Luffy nodded, not really trusting himself to speak.

"Well," Law leaned in and whispered in Luffy's ear. "Help me clean up these leaves and I'll make you even hotter."

"You got a deal!" Luffy said with a grin. He stood on his toes and kissed Law. Law stepped back and Luffy ran for the rake and started raking up the leaves.

Chopper and Bepo laid in the grass and watched Law and Luffy clean up the leaves again.

At least they weren't all over the backyard like they were this morning.