Day Eight: Treasure

A/N: Law and Luffy run into each other at the bar.

Word count: 1.3k

There wasn't much Law cared for in this world. His friends, Shachi and Penguin, his cat, Bepo. And Luffy. Luffy was everything in the world to Law. Most days Luffy was the only thing that mattered at all.

"Law!" Penguin waved his hand in front of Law's face.

Law was tired from the long shift at the hospital and was only sitting at the bar because Penguin and Shachi pretty much kidnapped him.

"Hm?" Law muttered, he looked over at Penguin with a bored expression.

"Watchya thinking about?" Penguin nudged Law's side.

"Probably Luffy," Shachi cut in, he set drinks down in front of Law and Penguin.
"When isn't he thinking about Luffy?"

"When he's thinking about Bepo," Penguin cut in.

"Man we have to compete with the cat and the boyfriend for attention!" Shachi feigned offense and Law took a sip from his drink and rolled his eyes.

"If that were the case, Luffy would win," Law pointed out.

"Luffy does win most days," Penguin sighed.

"I'd have to argue that work tends to beat all four of you," Law said.

"You got a point there," Shachi admitted in defeat.

"Saving lives is so demanding," Penguin had no choice but to agree too.

"You're telling me," Law took a long drink from his glass.

The door to the bar jingled Law paid it no mind until he saw a familiar mess of bright green hair and the sound of Luffy's voice.

"He's the best Zoro, I'm gunna marry him one day," Luffy spoke loudly, not caring about who was in the bar.

"Oh shit, is that Luffy!?" Penguin snickered, nudging Law. Law looked over his shoulder to the table the voice was coming from.

"Yep," Shachi confirmed with a smug grin.

"He's my treasure." Luffy didn't even blush at such a bold statement, Law couldn't say the same for himself.

Shachi and Penguin started cracking up, laughing under their breaths, trying not to draw attention to themselves. They had to make sure they could hear all Luffy had to say about Law.

"That's quite the turn around considering you said you'd never marry anyone a year ago," Zoro said. He wasn't speaking as loud as Luffy but now, Shachi, Law and Penguin were all zeroing in on Luffy and Zoro's conversation.

Law felt like he shouldn't be, not without Luffy know he was there.

"Oh-ho," Penguin snickered, leaning against Law's shoulder. "Sounds like you domesticated Luffy."

"Stop eavesdropping," Law snapped.

"Awe why not, you don't want to hear all the mushy stuff Luffy has to say about you?" Shachi made kissy noise and Law wanted to pour his drink on him. That would be a poor use of alcohol though.

"Because Luffy is talking to his friend and what they talk about is none of my business," Law stated.

"Oh, how honorable and mature of you," Penguin mocked.

"We're not honorable," Shachi recalled.

"Or mature," Penguin added.

"So we won't say anything to you about it!" Shachi clapped Law's shoulder and move to sit on the other side of Penguin to be closer to Zoro and Luffy.