Day Ten: Deprived

A/N: It's been too long since Law and Luffy had been together, luckily for them, Law had impeccable timing. 

Word Count: 1.1k

"Captian!" The shouting echoed through the hall of the Polar Tang and Law was already on his feet. He could feel the waves rocking the submarine. It was so out of the blue that Law knew they were being attacked as soon and the first wave hit them. 

Law had picked a bad time to resurface. 

"What's going on!?" Law demanded, he was already making his way up to the deck with Ikakku by his side. 

"There's a pirate ship and a marine ship going at it at 3 o'clock," Ikakku reported. 

"Have the marines noticed us?" Law asked. 

"Not yet I don't think," Ikakku said. 

"Good, we'll get everyone inside and go back under, I'm not in the mood to fight marines today," Law muttered. Mostly he didn't want to have to stop to recover from any kind of battle. That would make him late to meet up with Luffy and Law certainly was not eager for that. 

It was bad enough he missed Luffy the last time they were on the same sea. It had been almost six months since the last time he'd been with Luffy and it was driving him up the wall.

"Get the canon's ready!" Shachi ordered as Law stepped out onto the deck.

"No," Law corrected. "Get ready to go back under, I'd rather avoid a pointless battle!"

"Aye, capt'n!" Shachi echoed without hesitation. 

"It's a little late for that!" Penguin called. A loose cannonball was hurling its way towards them. Danmed it all!" 

"Besides, I don't think you'll want to miss this anyway," Penguin was beside Law with a smug grin. "Check out the jolly roger on that ship!" Penguin passed Law a telescope. Law gave him a questioning glance but took the telescope anyway. 

He held it to his eye and found the pirate ship in question. A smiling lion figurehead was the first sign. And really the only one he needed. He knew the  Thousand Sunny almost as well as he knew his own vessel. Still, Law followed the length of the ship until he found the mainmast, and followed that up all the way to the black flag at the top. The skull wearing a strawhat was flapping proudly with the sea's wind. 

"Change of plans! Bepo-ya, get us over to the battle!" Law ordered. 

Penguin started laughing. 

"Ready the cannons!" Penguin called. 

"We just put them away!?" Leon complained. 

"Sorry, Leon," Shachi slung his arm over the masked pirate's shoulder. "Our captain can't help but rush to his boyfriend's rescue."

"Oh, C'mon Shachi, they're 'just allies," Ikakku cut in with a small smile. 

Law rolled his eyes. "Don't you all have something to do?" 

"Oh, no we made dad mad," Penguin snickered. 

"Go man a canon or something!" Law snapped. 

"Aye," Penguin replied with a snicker. The three of them left Law and the ship started turning toward the fight. In no time Law's ship was just several yards away from the Thousand Sunny. Law could see the strawhats running back and forth across this ship. Law caught sight of a loose strawhat falling towards the sea. He still couldn't see Luffy. He must be on the Navy ship. Law rushed to the railing of the Polar Tang. 

"Clione, do you have a shot ready?" Law asked. 

"Yeah."

"Aim straight up," Law told Clione. Clione pulled the cannon back and aimed towards the sky. 

"Fire," Law said calmly, his eyes on the hat that was still falling to the water. 

The cannon fired, kicking back into the deck and leaving scorch marks. Law would have to have that buffed out later. 

"Room!" Law's room opened and engulfed the Polar Tang and the Thousand Sunny Law switched the ball for Luffy's hat and the cannonball kept going up over the Marine ship. Perfect. 

Luffy's hat fell onto the deck and Law picked it up, He pulled the string over his head and leat the strawhat hang on his back.

"Shachi-ya, take charge!" Law called before placing himself on the deck of the Thousand Sunny. 

Usopp was on the deck with his slingshot readied and aiming for the ship in front of them. 

"Mugiwara on the Navy ship?" Law asked.

"AH!" Usopp jumped at the sound of Law's voice, looking over his shoulder. 

"Oh, it's you!" Usopp sighed and pulled back on the slingshot again. 

"Where's Mugiwara-ya?" 

"He's with Robin, Zoro, Sanji, and Franky on the Navy ship," Usopp said. 

"Room." Law was on the Navy ship now, he had swapped places with one of the marines. Hopefully, Usopp enjoyed the surprise. 

Law left the room open and drew his sword. Zoro came running past him, not even glancing at Law. 

"GOMU GOMU!" Luffy's voice echoed across the open water like thunder. "GATLING!" 

It rained fists and Law moved back to avoid Luffy's attack.  

He still hadn't caught sight of Luffy at all. 

The ship was getting broken into pieces that Law used his room to manipulate. 

Soon enough, ship parts were swirling through the air and Law was cutting up the ship to Luffy's aid. There wasn't much left of it when they were done. 

In the rubble, Law found Luffy on a piece of the Navy ship's hull. Law used his room to take him and Luffy to Sunny's deck. 

"What!?" Luffy shouted he spun around only to nose to nose with Law. 

"Been a while, huh, Love?" Law said with a small smirk. 

"TORAO!?!" Luffy's smile grew and the next thing he knew Luffy's legs were wrapped around Law's waist and Law was holding Luffy up. Luffy didn't give Law much of a choice in that though. 

Law was being attacked with kisses, on his cheeks, his forehead, his nose even. Law took a few short steps forward, where he could set Luffy onto the railing of the ship. Law cupped Luffy's face in his hands and kissed his lips. 

God he had missed Luffy so much. Whatever divine force that saw it fit to deprive Law of Luffy for so long had better be ready to feel Law's wrath, that's for damned sure. 

Luffy pulled away and smiled at Law. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was on my way to the Island you said you'd be at, when I noticed this defenseless ship needed my help," Law joked. 

"We weren't defenseless!" Luffy insisted. "I was kicking ass! I tore the whole ship apart!" 

"With my help," Law added." 

"I could have done it without you!" 

"Oh, I'm sure you could have," Law relented and wrapped his arms around Luffy. "Though you did get pretty close to losing this."

Law pulled the strawhat off and held on to the brim between his fingers. 

"Oh!" Luffy sat up a little straighter. "You saved it! You're the best!" 

Luffy thanked Law with another kiss. Law could hear the whistling coming from his crew and used Luffy's hat to block their kiss from his crew's sight.