That Hat Is A Satellite

"What the hell is that?"

Wave was admiring his gardening hat when Pang walked into his bedroom. He glared at the taller boy who was snickering at him.

"My hat," said Wave.

"That is a fucking satellite."

"As if you know what a satellite is, boy from class 8."

Pang rolled his eyes and sat down on the edge of Wave's bed. Wave usually gets angry when he sits there but right now, Wave was too busy looking at the mirror while wearing the hat. Pang admits, he does look pretty wearing that hat. Although, Pang had decided he will never give Wave the satisfaction of hearing that praise.

"What's it for anyway?" asked Pang. "I've never seen you wear a hat before."

Wave suddenly panicked. "Uh... nothing. Just wanted to wear it."

"Huh." Pang stood up and walked behind Wave. He took him by the arms and spun him around to face him. "You're keeping secrets from me now?"

Wave's expression soured. "I am not!"

"Really?" Pang leaned in, going for a kiss, but when Wave tried to meet his lips, he pulled away with a smirk. "You want my kiss? Better tell me what you're up to. Or else I won't kiss you ever again."

"That's not fair!"

"Maybe. Just tell me your secret, Wave."

Wave was usually someone whose very steadfast but right now, something has changed. Pang wasn't sure what it is but Wave seemed to have lightened up. He has seen him tease around with Claire and Mon, something Pang would never imagine Wave would do when they first met. He's also been spending a lot of time talking with Namtaan who was overseas. He was probably feeling guilty about what happened, no matter how many times Namtaan tells him it wasn't his fault. He smiles a lot now but yeah, the old Wave shows up every now and then, and Pang was okay with that. He kinda misses it when Wave acts all bitchy.

With a sigh, Wave surprisingly easily gives up and takes Pang's hand. The head out the dorms and through the school grounds until they reached a secluded area surrounded with trees. As they walked through the bramble, Pang was surprised to see an old but still functioning greenhouse.

"Um..." Wave started to say, blushing hard, "...you know that I've been talking a lot with Namtaan lately, right?"

"Yeah, almost every night."

"Well, she suggested that I do a little project."

"What kind of project?"

Wave led Pang into the greenhouse. The entire wide space was filled with plants that were growing happily in the warmth and the sprinkling waters.

"Wow," said Pang.

"Ohm helped me...smuggle all these equipment into the greenhouse."

"So this is your secret, huh?" said Pang with a smirk. "That's why you have that hat. It's a gardening hat."

Wave looked down, face completely turning red. "Shut up."

"Now, about that kiss..."

Pang lifted Wave's head up by his chin and leaned in. Wave sighed into the kiss, parting his lips and just wrapping his arms around Pang's neck to pull him closer.

"You're look so pretty wearing that hat," said Pang, pushing Wave against one of the glass walls. "I just wanna kiss you till I run out of air."

Wave bit his lower lip. "No one's stopping you."

"Hmm, you're right."

Wave threaded his fingers through Pang's hair as he kissed him again. Pang's fingers slipped under Wave's uniform, tracing over the tingling skin underneath. Wave moaned as Pang's hand hiked upwards, releasing his hold around Pang's neck and hastily unbuttoning Pang's shirt.

But then, one of the sprinklers suddenly aimed at them, soaking them with water completely.

"Wave! Your sprinklers are a mood killer" said Pang.

They headed back to Wave's dorm all wet. Clothes all discarded and hanging on the wire rack on Wave's little balcony, the two of them showered together, deciding it's never too late to finish what they started. There was no one else to hear Wave's moans or Pang's grunts or the slapping of skin to skin.

And there were definitely no sprinklers to ruin the moment.