Hold You In The Moonlight

The door to the rooftop was left ajar. Sitting there, gazing at the full moon and bathing in its silvery glow was the most unlikely of people. The moonlight shimmered on his glasses. The bottle of grape juice clasped in his left hand was half empty, although his distracted soul was far gone from finishing his drink. He was deep in thought about something --- something that has been bothering him for a while now.

Little did he know, a figure stepped from the shadow of the staircase, watching him with a smile. The future drew closer but the boy with glasses was completely unaware. Though most would be surprised if they suddenly felt a hand on their shoulder during their time alone, the boy with glasses simply hummed happily as the figure set beside him.

"Couldn't sleep too?" Wave asked.

"The air conditioning's broken," said Pang. "It's too hot to sleep."

"Mine's okay. You can sleep there."

"And leave my boyfriend alone here? That's not right."

Waved rolled his eyes, hand touching Pang's knee. "I was having some quiet time but then this idiot showed up."

"Where is he?" Pang looked around. "I'm gonna punch him in the face for disturbing you."

"You think you're so funny. You should be the clown, not Ohm."

Hands reach around the waist, pulling, drawing closer. Lips gently meet, dancing. Wave's fingers slipped through Pang's hair as he sighed into their kiss. The air felt cold on his skin but the warmth between then sufficed. Parting after what seemed like eternity, Wave met with Pang's wondering gaze.

"Why are you here alone, Wave?" asked Pang.

"Just thinking about things," said Wave.

"You feel it too?"

"Feel what?"

"We won but something's still not right."

"Careful," said Wave sternly. "Don't let your ambitions get ahead of you, Pang."

"So you don't feel like anything's off?"

Wave glanced at the expanse of the school grounds all bathed in darkness and silver light. Everything was still, peaceful --- maybe a little too peaceful for comfort. "Alright, fine. Yes. I did feel we're being played. This was too easy, Pang."

Pang nodded. Then, a sudden smile.

"What?" asked Wave.

"I remembered two years ago. You insisted that my plan will fail. The two of us were arguing here the night before too."

"And I was right, wasn't I?" Wave emptied his juice bottle in one long gulp. "If it wasn't for my backup plan, we wouldn't be talking like this right now."

"That night was also the first time we kissed."

Wave snorted. "Well, it wasn't a good kiss. You smashed your teeth onto mine. We were both angry."

"But still..." Pang smiled. "I thought you were gonna push me away. I didn't expect you to kiss me harder."

"Yes, yes, alright. I loved you, you loved me. The end."

"Should I go now, leave you alone to your thoughts?"

"No. Stay."

They sat in silence. Somehow it was what's necessary. It was calming, it was serene. Pang reached for Wave's hand, linking them together. They stayed like that for a while. Then, Wave was first to break the quiet.

"Do you have a plan?"

Pang shrugged. "I don't even have any idea what the director is planning."

"Well, whatever it is, we'll face it together. Us and our friends."

Pang turned to look st Wave. All his speeches, all his motivation --- he was indeed slowly changing. The boy from two years ago was not the boy sitting beside him, holding hands in the moonlight.

"You believe that?"

Wave nodded. "Yes. I do."