||2.1|| - The Innocent Perpetrator

This question...was obviously a trap, not to mention offensive to an extreme.

Seeing his silence, a hint of awkwardness flashed across the reporter's face, and they drew backward, shifting their microphone in their hand: "Of course, it would be completely within rights for Mr Mu to deny a response-"

"Yes; it was me."

Quickly taking control of the new body, Su Shi immediately cut off the other's words; shaking up his spirits, he stated his assent without hesitation.

His voice was far from loud, but at his words, the youth beside him turned towards him, eyes filled with an unmistakeable shock and confusion, and in the next moment seemed to relax, letting out an inaudible breath.

By now, a faint outline of the situation has already formed in Su Shi's mind.

This is a world parallel to reality; he was in a body called Mu Jinchu, a prominent actor in the current scene. However, only one month ago, he had been taken by this Mr Lin – another top notch actor of the entertainment circle – to a soiree. A car accident had occurred on the way back; neither major nor minor, but enough to cause this kind of stir.

Lin Jing had escaped mostly unscathed; he was fine, except that there was a cut which had run from his cheek to his temple – even now, he is still reduced to wearing a mask in every public occasion.

In comparison, Mu Jinchu, who had looked completely untouched, had naturally become the target of the media's queries and attacks.

Mu Jinchu had only known acting; yes, he was popular, but on fame, he was obviously out of the league of Lin Jing, who had long occupied centre stage of the entertainment world. Lin Jing had taken the path of a young talent, with territory in film, television and music. Just his Weibo had millions in its following. As soon as this admittance of guilt was spread; what would follow can be easily imagined.

As though he could already see the crowds of his accusers, Su Shi finally felt some contentment rise in his heart.

Not expecting him to admit it so outright, the mutterings of the reporters actually fell for a brief instant, before they managed to regain their courage, pushing their microphones forwards: "Uh- can you please give us a recount of the events that occurred?"

Su Shi inclined his head towards them, calmly pulling up the script of the world; his expression suddenly froze.

At this significant moment, the system's records for that part of the plot, was actually completely blank.

The only explanation, would be that Mu Jinchu, too, had no idea what really had happened at the time.

Making no move to speak; he saw Lin Jing standing nearby, allowing the silence to stretch on. A sudden, delicate atmosphere fell over the room, with only the camera still working steadily, dutifully recording every shot in honesty, capturing the frames that suggested a deeper significance beneath the surface.

It really wouldn't do to keep this up; Su Shi removed his urging stare from Lin Jing, who was looking pointedly away, and opened his mouth, steeling himself as he prepared to speak.

"We were in a rush......"

"We'd both had quite a bit to drink-"

The two men began to speak at almost the exact same time, and cut off in synchrony.

Lin Jing stared towards him, eyes filled with an anxious uncertainty, clearly already scared out of his wits.

Su Shi's eyes darkened, finally having understood the entirety of the situation.