Prologue

●●●

"I'm sorry"

Those two words were enough for her to realized that he didn't love her anymore. He fell out of love, and she understand that.

She refused to accept that fact, the fact that he didn't love her anymore. Heck, they'd been together for three and a half years and those years were full of  happy memories, except at the latter months, when he started slipping away.

"What happened Jiyong? What happened to the 'love'? What happened to us?"

Her voice was starting to get hoarse, as a sign that in any moment, she'd definitely burst into tears and would break down.

He looked at her directly on the eyes, guilt was evidence on his handsome face.

"I....", he looked away as he bit his lower lip, unable to utter the words for he knew he'd hurt her.

But with such situations of them, wouldn't he already hurting her? From the beginning of him slipping away and falling out of love, he's already hurting her.

"I really don't know Dee", he finally said as he heaved a deep sigh.

She just nods her head, she couldn't understand what he just said. He don't know? Fuck that reason.

"I didn't meant to fall out of love Dee, believe me, I never meant to hurt you---"

"But I'm hurting already Jiyong! I'm hurting so bad, and the...the pain. I-it's unbearable Ji! I couldn't take it anymore. It hurts here, it hurts so bad".

The tears finally run down freely from her eyes, as she burst into loud sobs. Her hand was pointing at her chest, as she told him how hurt she was.

"We were just okay right? But why all of a sudden, you'd slip away? Why all of a sudden, you'd fallen out of love? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Dee, no. It's not you okay? You didn't do anything wrong. There's nothing wrong with you. It's just that..."  again, he felt the hesitation of continuing his words. He was afraid of telling her the truth, he was afraid that it would only hurt her even more.

"Just what Ji? Could you please tell it to me clearly? Completely? I deserved to know the truth Ji, so please..", her voice broke.

She felt her knees began to get weak, her hands started shaking and her sight was now blurry as tears were constantly coming out from her eyes.

Jiyong uttered curses under his breath as he pushed himself to tell her the truth.

It's now or never.

He thought.

He took a deep breath, still looking away from her.

"I met another woman"

There. He finally said it.

He finally looked at her. He was expecting to saw a broken girl, a fragile woman who was crying her heart out infront of the man who hurt her so much. He wasn't expecting that she would slap him. Dara was a gentle one, a soft girl, and hurting someone wasn't part of her vocabulary. And so he just assume to see the image of her breaking down, bawling her eyes out,but instead much to his surprise, he saw the opposite.

He saw Dara, wiping her tears using her palms, as she tried to calm herself down. She then looked at her and a subtle smile finds its way to crept out from her lips.

"That's all I wanted to hear Ji", she said with her soft voice. Her tone was still a bit shaky, but it was calmer this time compared to earlier. "The reason. Your reason".