13. I HEARD THAT THEY USED A MUGGLE REMEDY ON YOU?

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN |

I HEARD THAT THEY USED A MUGGLE REMEDY ON YOU?

WHEN THE KIDS FINALLY HAD their Christmas break, all of the Weasley's (apart from Percy, Charlie and Bill), Hermione and Harry stayed at twelve Grimmauld Place. Tonks and Remus were also staying there, the pair seemed to be getting closer to one another, and there were hardly any days you'd see one without the other. It was sweet, but it pained Sirius to watch them smiling to one another. He couldn't help but think of Echo, how he should be there by her side.

Sirius didn't have any energy to put up any Christmas decorations, so his guests insisted on doing it themselves, especially since today was the day Echo Bennett was finally being discharged from the hospital. They certainly weren't keeping it from Sirius, he had locked himself away and refused to listen to anyone, so no one had the chance of letting him know. 

When it finally came the time to pick the woman up, Remus and Arthur went, the latter of the two transporting them using his car, knowing very well that it was too dangerous to apparate an injured person, especially one as severely injured as Echo herself.

Echo was more than ecstatic about finally getting out of that depressing hospital room. For the last month she had been stuck there, watching as the sun come up every single morning through the window closest to her, then at night she'd watch as the outside darkened. She knew every square inch of the room and she was more than sure that she'd be able to draw it with her eyes closed. 

Not to mention the company; there was a guy on the opposite side of the room from her, one that she heard got bit by a werewolf, he seemed to be in the foulest of moods (she certainly didn't blame him), so she left him alone. The Healers would come in every so often, but none of them really help up any conversation with the black haired woman, simply did their job then moved onto the next patient. She had visitors; the Weasley's had come at some point or another with Harry, Mad-Eye Moody was a constant visitor (almost making sure that Echo didn't accidentally blab to anyone what she was actually doing at the Ministry that night). Kingsley came a few times too (but he was too busy dealing with the Order). Remus and Tonks visited the most often, and Echo watched as their relationship bloomed overtime. However, none of them were Sirius. 

Echo missed him dearly, and from the stories Harry accidentally blabbed to her (the rest of the Order and the kids all agreed beforehand not to tell Echo how Sirius was taking the news; they didn't need her worrying about him or feel guilty, they needed her to focus purely on her recovery), so she knew he wasn't taking it well and it made her heart ache. She had written a few letters to the man, but it seemed that the longer she was away from home and stuck in that clammy hospital room, the more they worried for each other. 

"How are you feeling, Echo?" Arthur asked politely as Remus helped his friend into the backseat, taking extra care not to hurt her; the Healers had managed to make the bleeding stop, but she still needed time to recover fully and let everything heal up.

Echo sent him a tired smile, "I'm okay, thank you. Glad to finally be out of there."

"I heard that they used a Muggle remedy on you?" The ginger haired man asked excitedly as Remus shut the door and walked over to the other side, deciding to stay in the back with Echo just in case.

Echo nodded, almost sighing in relief as Arthur began to drive, "They did, 'stitching' I think it's called, but unfortunately that didn't work. The stitching dissolved."

Arthur nodded understandingly before asking a few more questions about it, his eyes lighting up at the thought of anything Muggle-related, "How fascinating," The man breathed out as Echo and Remus shared an amused look in the backseat.

Echo couldn't keep the smile off her face, as exhausted as she still felt, she was finally going back to Sirius and for that, she couldn't wait.