16. US

| CHAPTER SIXTEEN |

US.

ECHO FELT SICK WITH WORRY. As soon as Sirius left the house, the black haired woman made her way downstairs (a task that took her almost half an hour thanks to the immense pain in her body). If she could, she would've been pacing up and down in the dining room – well, actually, if she could, she would've gone with him – but instead, Echo had to just sit there, chewing her fingernails anxiously. 

She didn't know how long she had sat there for, but it honestly felt like weeks. Her mind was filled with all the bad things that could happen; someone could get killed, Sirius could get caught, the Death Eaters could break into Grimmauld Place at any second. 

Fear was all she felt.

She wasn't exactly sure how long she had been sitting in the dining room, but when she noticed the sun was already slowly coming back up, she knew it was well over an entire night. With each hour that passed, her heart sunk further, practically feeling like something bad had already happened and she was helplessly just sitting there. 

A bang coming from somewhere else in the house suddenly startled her. Her heart hammered violently against her ribcage violently as she stood up, ignoring the pain that shot through her body. Walking through the enormous house, Echo gripped her wand tightly, ready to use it if she needed to. As she rounded a corner, she let out a shocked scream when her eyes landed on two figures. 

The room had all the curtains closed and no candles had been lit, so the fear of not knowing who was standing there overtook her and as she raised her wand in the air a familiar voice suddenly called out.

"Echo, it's us," Remus' voice travelled through the room, stopping the woman before she could seriously injure them. Without hesitation, the werewolf lifted his wand up, muttering a spell and watching as the room lit up.

Echo let out a loud sigh of relief when her eyes spotted Remus and Sirius standing there, both of them dishevelled and the latter of the two leaning against Remus, a pained look on his face, dried blood on the side of his head. But the most important thing was that both of them were safe and because they were both standing right there in front of her, that must've meant the kids were all fine too.

"What happened?" She asked, rushing over to Sirius to inspect his injuries. The man practically leaned into her touch. 

Remus let out a sigh, running a hand through his hair, "Arthur's dead."