3.5 | 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

"Stop" I sniffled, "Please stop"

He smirked, "oh come on honey, I was just getting to the good part."

I looked at him. I really looked at Carter in the face with tears streaming down my face. I didn't understand how somebody with such a pretty face could have such an ugly heart. He fooled the entire student and faculty body that he was actually a good golden boy but he was just rotten inside.

"Why?" I barely whispered "Why are you doing this to me? What did I do to make you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you bumble--"

"Please don't call me that... Please"

He just raised an eyebrow at me and smirked, "Like I said bumblebee, I don't hate you, I just hate how you present yourself, the innocent facade you display to the world, it's disgusting Leah."

"It's not a facade--"

"Look I really don't care about whatever shit you're going to sprout out of your mouth. I care that you interrupted me and I hate interruptions. I want to finish my story."

"I-I won't listen anymore."

An eyebrow raised, "You will if you wanna know why I played you."

"You already told me Carter. I've-I've heard enough"

"I've promised ten reasons and I'm a man of my word Leah so you better sit your ass down and listen to me finish my story."

I wanted to say something, anything but words got caught up in my throat and closed up. I was never the one for confrontation, my anxiety would spiral out of control. The fact that I shouted at him the first time to give me a reason was the most I've ever been brave, I don't think that I can conjure anymore than I already did. So I listened and sat down.

"You better not interrupt me this time." He said looking at me. I nodded, internally hitting myself in the face with a brick because Carter was right. I was such a doormat.

"Good. I'll get right into it. You just displayed it right now Leah, reason number five, you have no backbone. I just talked shit to you right now and you're not standing up for yourself to me. That's just pathetic."

A fresh wave of tears cascaded down my cheeks.

________________
________________

I'm sorry. Can I just break tradition of no authors notes to just mention what an asshole Carter is? And shake Leah up for not standing up for herself?