Just a Friend?

"Jaileigh! Wait up!" I heard a male voice say behind me.

I turned around and looked to see Matthew running down the hall towards me. A small smile made its way to my lips as I stood there and watched him get closer.

"Yes?" I said when he was standing right in front of me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" He asked, while bent over, hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"Yea, sure." I told him.

His eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face.

"I'm going to take a shower first though. You can come in and wait on me if you want." I offered, standing in front of the door to my room.

"Okay." He agreed and walked in when I held the door open for him.

I waked in and shut the door behind me. I turned and made my way over to my dresser.

"You can sit on the bed or the couch if you want. Just please don't get into anything." I said, pulling out a pair of navy blue jeans, and a red and purple plaid shirt.

I turned and walked into the bathroom and set my clothes on the counter. Then shut the door and locked it. Walking to the shower, I turned the water on and got undressed while it was warming up.

When it was warm enough, I stepped in and stood there for a moment, letting myself relax a little before I began my regular routine.

I shampooed my hair and then washed the soap out. Next I washed my body, then rinsed off. Then I put conditioner in my hair and let it sit while I shaved my legs. When I was done with my legs, I washed the conditioner out, washed my body again, and ran over my legs one last time.

I turned off the water and stepped out, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around me. After I had dried my body off enough, I put underwear and a bra on, and then bent over, and towel dried my hair. When my hair was dry enough, I slipped my jeans on and then my shirt, making sure I got the buttons in the correct holes.

I threw all the dirty stuff in the hamper that hung on the back of the bathroom door, and then walked out to find Matthew sprawled out on my bed.

I laughed and he looked up at me.

"Your bed is really comfy." he said.

"Thanks, I know." I replied with a chuckle, then went over to my closet and grabbed boots. After I had put socks on, I slipped the boots on and laced them up. I then went to the bathroom and blow dried my hair, and then brushed through it, making it lay flat. I put on a little bit of makeup and then went back into my bedroom, grabbed a gray beanie and slipped it on over my hair. I walked to my dresser and grabbed a thick bracelet that had a dark brown, light brown pattern.

I grabbed my phone and turned to Matthew saying.

"Okay, I'm finally ready."

He sat up quickly and made his way to the door, opening it for me and closing it behind him.

~~~

We walked out to the track and sat down on the bleachers.

"Sorry if I'm boring, I've never hung out with people before." I said.

He looked at me with a weird expression.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head and replied.

"I don't believe that you have never hung out with someone before."

"Why?"

"Because, you just seem like the type of girl that has a bunch of friends and people that want to hang out with you." He explained.

"Well, nobody here except Malia, some of the alphas, and maybe the Alpha King, like me."

"I like you." He says.

I looked at him to find him already looking at me. Our eyes locked and before I knew it, he was leaning in to kiss me. One arm wrapped around my waist, holding me in place, and his hand cupping the side of my face, making it so I wasn't really able to turn away.

Panic flew in my mind. What am I doing? Why am I not moving? What the hell is happening!

"What's going on here?"

Just before our lips made contact, a voice interrupted. Oh thank god!

Matthew sat up, and I we both turned and looked to see Brandon standing there, less than pleased.

"Jaileigh and I are hanging out, so if you don't mind..." Matthew said with a hint of rudeness in his voice.

"Is that so?" he asked, his eyes finding mine and holding.

"We were, uh hanging out, but then..." I stuttered and then trailed off.

"He tried to kiss you." He finished for me.

I nodded and looked at the ground.

"Did you want to?"

I looked up at him quickly.

"No, I didn't."

I watched as his gaze went from mine to his brother who was currently sitting behind me.

I could practically feel Matthew's eyes burning holes in the back of me.

"Go back to your room" Brandon instructed Matthew.

Matthew got up and made his way past me, leaving Brandon and I alone.

"I'm sorry about him." He said, apologizing for Matthew's behavior.

"It's fine, I mean, no offense, but isn't that how some guys are?"

"Yea, it is." He said and sat next to me on the bleacher.

"What were you doing out here?" I asked him.

"Saving you." He replied.

"Thank you by the way, but really." I said, and chuckled.

"I was out here because I wanted to take a walk. And I just happened to notice you and my brother. So I came over to see what was going on."

"Well, I'm glad you did."

"Me too." He said.

I felt his fingers brush against mine, and looked up at him. His eyes were already on me. That same warm look that Derek had in his eyes when he would look at me, was in Brandon's.

I slid my fingers in between his, and interlocked them. He didn't look surprised, but a small smile grew on his lips. His free hand came up to the side of my face and cupped it. A shiver went up my spine and my breathing became a little shaky.

He leaned in slowly, and kissed me on the cheek. I could feel his smile grow a little bigger as he pulled away. I looked him in the eyes and he did the same. We stayed there locked in each other's trances, until the warning bell sounded, snapping us back into reality.

"We should probably get inside. We have five minutes to be in our rooms for the night." I said and stood up.

"Okay." He agreed.

We stood up, fingers still interlocked, and walked back to the building.

We stopped outside my door, and he kissed me on the forehead.

"Goodnight beautiful." He said, then turned and walked down the hall to his door, leaving me standing outside my room with a smile on my face, and a warm feeling coursing through my body.

🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱〽️🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱
Hey guys! Hope you're liking it! I guessing so.

Brandon and Jaileigh? I thought it was Derek an Jaileigh. What's happening? Who's going to win her heart?

Please comment and vote! Then smack the shit out of that follow button for me!

Thanks for reading!
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱〽️🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱