Lonely and Confused

"Jaileigh, please! Wait!"

I continued fast walking to my room, knowing that Derek wasn't going to stop following me.

"Jaileigh!"

I opened my door and went to go in, but someone grabbed the door and stopped it from opening. I let out a long, heavy sigh, and I turned around to face Derek.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to keep my emotions in check. I was not going to cry in front of him.

"It's not what it looks like." He said.

"Really? Because it looks like you're engaged to a girl. Did you even like me?"

"Does it matter-"

"Does it matter! Are you kidding! Does it matter. Wow. Okay, listen up. I pushed everyone away growing up because I couldn't trust anyone. Then I was brought here and no one even liked me! But you, you gave me a chance and I did the same. I fell for you! You were the first guy I've ever liked. You were the first to give me a chance! Fuck! You were my first kiss! And then this happens?"

"Jaileigh-"

"Please, don't talk to me again. Not until I'm ready."

I glanced up at him and saw hurt in his eyes, but it was probably just an act. He was engaged to a girl that was prettier, smarter, funnier, and more wanted than me.

"Just go back to Allison." I whispered and went into my room, turning my back on him.

I closed the door and pressed my back against it. I slid down to the floor with my hand covering my mouth, the tears rolling down my cheeks and wetting the side of my hand.

£

"Jaileigh?"

I heard my door open and I buried myself deeper under the covers.

"Go away." I said.

The weight on the bed shifter when the person sat on the edge.

"Jaileigh, are you okay?"

"Brandon, I'm not in the mood for stupid questions. Of course I'm not okay."

I felt him pull back the blankets and I curled into an even tighter ball. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me to the sitting position. I leaned against him, welcoming his strength, because I had none left.

"I just want to die." I whispered.

"Why would you want that?" He asked, his arms tensed around me.

"Because I can't do anything right. I just end up getting hurt because I'm never enough, and I... I just don't want to be here anymore."

"You're enough for me." He whispered in my ear, an started rocking me back and forth.

"Really?"

"Yes, I couldn't ask for anything better."

"But what's so great about me? I mean, I'm not as funny, smart, pretty, or likable like Allison."

"But that's what makes you your own person. You don't need to be like her. Because you're perfect just the way you are."

"I don't think I am."

"I think you are. And that's why I brought you these."

He took one of his arms from around me and reached behind him pulling out a bouquet of roses, and handed them to me. I noticed that out of all of them, there was only one fake one.

"I will love you until the last rose dies." He says.

"Thank you." I whispered.

I set them to the side and took his arms from around me, then lay on my back on the bed string at the ceiling. He joined me.

"You're cheesy, you know that right?" I asked.

He laughed and replied.

"Yes, I know. I was kinda hoping that would cheer you up."

"It worked, a little."

"A little? Or a lot?"

"A lottle."

"What the hell is a lottle?" He asked.

I laughed and said.

"It a little and a lot mixed together. A lottle."

He laughed.

"That's adorable!" He said.

"Aw thanks." I replied and turned away from him because I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Well, I should probably go." He said, sitting up an heading for the door.

"But why?"

"Because it's time to go to bed."

"Just spend the night here."

He looked at me shocked.

"What? Have you never spent the night in a girls room?"

"Uh, no actually."

"Oh. Well do you want to?"

He opened his mouth to answer when he got a call.

"Yea?" He said when he had answered the phone.

"Okay I'll be right there."

He hung up and looked at me.

"Sorry, I would love to, but my sister needs me."

"It's fine. Have fun. She probably has something stuck on her hand again. Or her head, if you're lucky." I said.

"Probably." He said, chuckling.

"Well, bye." I said.

He walked over to me and bent down, cupping the side of my face, ad pressed his lips to mine.

"Good night beautiful." He said and then walked out.

I laid back down and stared at he ceiling, questions running through my head.

What the hell was going on? Do I like Brandon? Or do I like Derek.

Honestly I like both. But when Brandon kissed me, I didn't feel sparks like when Derek and I kissed.

But Derek's engaged...

I sighed and closed my eyes.

Suddenly my waist felt like it was on fire. I jumped, frightened. It went away as soon as it had come. I raised my shirt to see marks on my waist line.

I got up and wet over to my mirror. It was on my right side. I stared in awe and confusion when I saw what was there.

A crescent moon pointing to my left hip with stars in the middle and the back, creating a tail of stars.

️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hey guys!! Hope you liked it!

So do you think Brandon is just being nice, or could he actually like her? What does the weird marking on Jaileigh's waist mean?

Comment telling me if you're for Jaileigh and Brandon, or Jaileigh and Derek!

Please comment and vote! Then slap that follow button!

Thanks for reading!
️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️