"That's Not What I Meant (3)"

"It is never too late to be what you might have been

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
― George Eliot

'.⋆.✧ ♡

I woke up to the lovely sound of birds chirping. The feeling of the silky soft sheets around me. Everything felt right. I turn to the side of the bed to see the sight of Ginny Weasley. Her fiery red hair and her mischievous smile tells me she's Up To No Good.

"Ginny. It's too early please go back to bed." I mumbled to Ginny. Who is still not moving.

She rolls her eyes," I need help and I can't tell Mum she'll go crazy. So girl to girl what should I do if I kind of like a boy?"

Shocked by her sudden question I sat up and pull the silky white covers off myself.

"Well, why do you think I have expertise in that type of stuff?" I question her.

"Obviously you do! Your dating Bill, he rarely ever brings "friends" so I would assume you're dating him." Ginny suddenly proclaimed. My eyes widened at her statement. I rack my arms in protest.

I protested, "No! I'm not dating Bill! I just wanted to come to The Burrow this year for summer since I thought it would be fun. I am not dating Bill. Just friends."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Oh.. I see you want to come to The Burrow for the summer, but in reality you're going to make your first move onto Bill. That's brilliant!"

"No! No! I didn't mean it like that. Okay you know what. When you all go back to school this guy you like ask him to go to Hogsmeade with you. Go to Honeydukes then get some butterbeer. If he likes reading you guys can go to Flourish and Botts maybe he'll like that."

"Good idea!" she began to give me a big hug." I'll totally do that. Maybe not the bookstore thing but he does like to draw. Anyways thank you for helping. Oh and the whole you and Bill not dating I totally understand if you don't want people to know. Your secret's safe with me."

She ran out to the door. I would have yelled at her to say no. But at this point there's no stopping her now. I get up from bed and pick up Nixie from her little corner in the room. Surprisingly she hasn't been too bad except for the time she jumped on Ron's back. He screamed bloody murder when it happened. I swore I could see Nixie turn her lips into a smirk there. Mischievous little one she is. I get myself ready and head downstairs. I'm greeted by Molly cooking, Ginny and Ron talking, Fred and George joking around, Arthur and Percy reading The Daily Prophet and Bill reading.

Bill noticed my presence and walked towards me, "Good you're awake. How was your night?"

I smile at him, "My night was well. Well I did have a bit of a rude awakening by Ginny, but overall good."

"That's nice. Mum said we were having pancakes. Do you like those?" Bill questioned me. I nodded and smiled. We walked over to the dining table.

"Good morning Lynx." Fred and George both say to me. They must have practiced that!

"Good morning. Do you both sleep well?" I reply to the twins.

"Yeah I guess we did. Would of been better if Ron wasn't snoring like a troll. Merlin was he loud." George jested to me. I laughed. Ron rolled his eyes and continued to eat his pancakes in annoyance. We all continued to sit and eat our breakfast. It was delicious. Absolutely divine.

"This food is really good Molly." I complimented Molly's cooking. She smiled at me and thanked me. After breakfast was over we all were all stuffed to the brim. I sat down on the couch with my legs over Bill's.

I sighed, "I think I should come to The Burrow more often. After that meal I don't think I'll be able to eat lunch."

He laughed, "Maybe. Anyways what was that rude awakening you had from Ginny before?"

"Oh that she just had a question about someone from school." I replied. He nodded.

"Would have thought that rude awakening was from Fred and George. Surprisingly they haven't pranked you yet."

"Well they've been nice to me and friendly. I don't think one prank is going to run me away."

"Yeah that's probably their plan. To lure you in then. Snap! They prank you with Dungbombs or some sort of prank from Zonko's."

"Why are you still on that topic about me thinking less of you because of your home Bill. You know I'm not like that." I say to Bill sadly. I would have thought he would stop thinking about that.

"No, not like that I didn't mean it like that.." he mumbles. I sigh and nod my head in understanding. I pull my legs off his lap and begin to hug him.

"I know that's not what you meant. It's fine I understand." I tell Bill. He smiles and hugs me tighter. He plays with my hands and talks to me softly. Feeling the warmth in my stomach I quickly brush it away.

We continued to talk and sit in the living room. The silence and the light rain tapping on the window made everything peaceful and comfortable.

I wish it could stay like this forever.