"New Paths (9)"

Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much

- Helen Keller

'.⋆.✧ ♡

The sunlight gleamed through the window. Days were feeling shorter as summer was coming to an end. It felt like it was just yesterday I arrived in The Burrow. I'm going to miss these red-headed rascals. With Fred and George's endless pranks. Ginny's bantering. Ron's quidditch obsession. Molly and Arthur's friendly compassion. And, last but not least Bill. I mean I spent my whole life knowing Bill so it's not like I'm losing anything by a doubt.

Meeting his family was a whirlpool of emotions. I wish I could stay longer but of course, some things end. Maybe during the winter. Who knows? Right now everyone should be asleep. I took this as my chance to make tea for myself. Of course, it wouldn't be the same as Bill makes but I didn't want to wake anyone up.

I took small steps on the wooden staircase. But of course, I wasn't the only one to be awake this early. Molly Weasley stood in the kitchen while making something. I squinted to see what Molly was making but the small creek of light didn't show enough for her view. I continued to walk closer into the kitchen. Molly jumped at my sudden appearance in the kitchen.

"Oh! Lynx what are you doing up to early?" Molly gasped.

"I'm so sorry I just wanted to make tea so sore to bother you." I admitted. I was hoping for this exactly not to happen. Having to disturb someone's peace this early.

"Ah, I see. Well no need to make your own when I'm making one myself. Come seat, I will make another cup for you." Molly admitted. I sat down and waited for Molly to finish the other cup of tea for myself. She finally finished and handed me the small but dainty cup. I brought the tea to my lips and surprisingly it tasted similar to Bill's tea he would always make. My guess was that Bill had his so-called recipe of tea from his mother. I smiled delightfully.

"This tea is lovely Molly. Thank you." I thanked her. She smiled proudly seeing another person enjoying her work in the kitchen.

"What is love?" I blurted to Molly. Molly was a bit surprised by my question. I hid my face from her, still trying to find why I said that. I looked up to see her smiling.

She sighed, "Well love dear, is a hard thing to describe. It's more than a physical attraction. It's more of a comfortable situation. The way you feel with each other is more powerful than a friendship. It's an Everlasting Love."

"Have you ever felt that way with someone?" She smirked at me.

"I--I'm not sure." I responded.

She shrugged, "Well maybe soon. Well, I'm going back to bed and have a good night dear." I bid her goodbye and I continued to sit at the dining table. Have I ever felt an Everlasting before?