chapter 1 (ingame)

TW // Self harm

After the killing game ended. Everyone became alive again, and it was revealed that Tsumugi wasn't the mastermind either, just like how they were fictional and scripted, so was Tsumugi, the real mastermind is unknown, and they could be planning to do another killing game, but everyone hoped not to.

Everyone were now students at hope's peak, they were all pretty close together... Well... Kokichi was treated like he was never there, Kokichi would always just come to school, and leave right when school ends, not talking a word to anyone, it was surprising to everyone, the annoying-pouting-ass guy who never left anyone not annoyed became the biggest introvert, it felt very off.

Kaito's pov

"Great. Now i have detention. And for what? Forgetting homework? Isn't that something everyone does? Welp... Guess i have no other choice..."

I went to the detention room and to find a surprise.

Kokichi was sitting all alone there. God.. i haven't spoken a word to him ever since i killed him... No... Actually... No one spoke a word to him.

I... Kind of feel bad for him... Even after everything... "Ugh! I gotta stop thinking."

I got into the detention room still ignoring the existence of Kokichi...

"Should i talk to him... I mean.. i have to talk to him someday either way, but that's.. pretty embarrassing"....

"Hey... Kokichi?" I said...

"...."

I waited for him to say anything.. "that's.. pretty awkward.. did he hear what i said..?-"

"Of course you will talk to me when Maki isn't around." Kokichi.. said.. after a long silence..

"H- huh? Why does it matter if Maki is around or not?" "Really? You really don't know? Obviously because if she found you talking to me she will try to distract you as much as possible and treat me with the worst way she could? Oh! Or maybe she'll make me fly in the air again!?" Kokichi answered.

"I mean... His point is kind of understandable..."
I sighed... Not knowing what to say... But something came up to my mind. Even tho he's such a liar... I think he'll be pretty honest rightnow

"Hey... Do you hate Maki..?" I asked.
I could hear Kokichi sighing. "I know you'll expect me to say yes. Actually... I don't exactly hate her. But she gets on my nerves. If you'll ask why then think about this. Maki didn't reveal her ultimate talent because she didn't want us to treat her and look at her differently, but look at how she treats me."

"...he's pretty reasonable honestly... But..-"

"Not to mention that if she hasn't messed up shit probably none of us would've died." Kokichi said, cutting my thoughts

"...do you hate Me?" I asked.. pretty nervous of his response..

"I don't hate you, i never did. But you were kind of annoying since you're hotheaded and easily angry, but i gotta admit i grew some respect for you at the end. I.. i think you grew some respect for me too at the end but..."

"I did. But i really didn't know what to say after we became alive again and became students in hope's peak-"

"You know you hurt me right." Kokichi said cutting me off. In a pretty hurt and serious tone.

"...when exactly?" I said

"You know i really hate myself for being a liar. And i didn't lie when i said i hate liars. Keeping away the truth of how i feel and pretending to be a bad guy.... using Gonta like that... Hurting everyone like that really hurt me. Even more than i hurt you. And when i finally become honest with you, you don't believe me. You didn't believe my last words. Thanks Kaito."