Chapter 2

On the bus to school I couldn't help myself but think about Johnny. My thoughts got interrupted when the bus stops at a house which I had never seen before on my daily bus rides to school, though I don't normally pay attention to my surroundings.
A blonde boy stepped on the bus and I swear the butterflies in my stomach multiplied by 1000 because I didn't know what to do.
The only empty seat was by me so I moved my bag and let him sit beside me.

I got a smell of his cologne "peppermint" I said. I thought I said it in my head but then Johnny turned to me and gave me a weird look "Did you say something?" He said. I said no quickly and turned to face the window.
I turned back to look at Johnny and realise he's looking at me. When he sees my eyes on him he blushes and turns quickly to face the other way.

That made me smile because I had never made a boy blush before.

"Hey I'm Y/N by the way" I say. "I'm Johnny. I believe I've seen you at school before? Are you a cheerleader?" Johnny asks
"Yeah I am. I've actually been doing it for years!"
"That's so cool. You're actually pretty good at it. I mean the whole team is"
"Thanks" I say.
Johnny blushed when he said the team was good as I'm sure she added that last part to not seem weird for only watching me. I didn't mind. I had seen him playing football at the park with his friends. I didn't mention it so I didn't seem weird for spying on him.

The bus came to a sudden stop and me and Johnny "accidentally" held each others hand as we got such a fright. The bus driver says he saw a squirrel and carried on driving as normal again.

Johnny realised he was holding my bad but didn't let go. His hand was warm which was good because mine were freezing as our heating wasn't working.
"Your hands are freezing" Johnny said. 🦋the butterflies are back🦋
"I know" I said with a little smile and a giggle.
Johnny got his other hand and grabbed mine to warm them both up. I mean Im not gonna  complain as I knew we were both enjoying it.