Chapter 9

•Technoblade•

"Let's sleep in shifts, it should be gone around day break, I'll take the first shift of being awake." I said, bored out of my mind.

"No, I'll take the first shift." Dream challenged.

I held out my hand for a rock, papers, siccors game.

"Rock."

"Paper."

"Scissors."

"Shoot!"

I put out paper, only to be countered by scissors. I let out a sigh before looking around.

"You are such a nerd." I said, leaning my back against a thick branch. He chuckled a bit before he stood up on the thick branches to get a good look out.

Soon enough I got a bit tired and fell into a quick sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Techno, wake up."

Suddenly, I hear a loud growl below us. I sat up, rubbing the remnants of sleep from my eyes.

"What?" I asked, looking a his worried face.

"Is the bear supposed to have friends?"

"Hold up."

I looked over to see two more bears. They weren't as big, but they still looked dead, much like my voice.

I wanted to try something, although I wasn't sure if it would work. I started to recite a spell I had practiced.

Soon enough, I was starting to turn invisible.

"What?" Dream questioned as he too started to turn invisible.

"Shut up and run, this won't last long and it masks our scent and visibility." I said, jumping down from the tree and booking it towards the south, dragging Dream with me.

As soon as we got to the edge of the forest, the spell wore off and I whistled for my horse.

"The manhunt continues."

I said, before I jumped up on my horse and rode of to a nearby village in the kingdom.

I took off my red cloak as I tried to blend in. Soon enough I found a tavern, so I went inside looking for a room and some food.

"Two loafs and three apples."

I said, sliding down the currency to the guy working there.

"Okay!"

The girl working there said, although something on her dress caught my attention.

"Part of L'Manburg rebellion?" I asked in a hushed voice. She turned to me and nodded slowly.

"Same here, but I'm working as a spy, although that's not working out right now."

She laughed and told me her name was Niki. She was a small time baker here and planned to move to L'Manburg when her boyfriend said it was okay.

"Oh, who are you dating?" I asked, kind of curious as if I knew him.

"Wilbur, he's a bit famous, but no one really knows him here."

I almost lost my composure to this, damn I didn't know Wilbur had a girlfriend, or friends.

"The general? I'm actually heading there now, you should come." I offered her, knowing it would be a bit helpful for her.

She nodded almost immediately, so we decided to just head out under the cover of dark, which luckily she had a fast horse, and we could get there as soon as three hours.

We left the village after Niki had said goodbye to family and friends in the village and readied herself with food, water, and other supplies.

Niki had never actually went out of her village much, nonetheless seen more than one biomes.

"It's so pretty here!" Niki laughed as she felt the almost white leaves of a birch tree.

Then my horse stopped, very abruptly.

"Niki, don't say a word nor move." I whispered, soon enough hearing a all too familiar voice of an arsonist.

"George, he's gotta be here somewhere! Plus we have backup if something happens." He whined, as if he didn't want to be here.

He lifted his arm up and shot a firework out of a crossbow, it was yellow, probably a code.

The problem with this was that Niki's horse, which I believed was named Elucia, got spooked and started darting forward.

"NIKI!" I yelled, only realizing my mistake after Sapnap and George went after he, knowing she was with me.

I tried racing after her horse, but lost her in the twisted miles of trees, I only located her after I heard her yell.

I ran over to her to find in Sapnap's grasp with a netherite sword to her throat, with George with a crossbow behind her.

"Hey there Techno, how's the sister?" Sapnap mocked, as he drew the sword a little closer to her.

"Great, can I have her back?" I said quickly making up a lie.

"Not so fast there, we heard from Dream what happened, now how about we do a little trade? You for her."

I sighed and got off my horse, slowly walking to them. "Send her to L'Manburg, she just wants to visit family, then I'll go."

He laughed and asked George to escort her to L'Manburg, while her would meet up with Dream to take me.. I don't know.

They were off and it was just me and Sapnap. I could probably take him, but the approaching guy behind him was way tougher. Dream.

"Ah, Techno, great to see you again." He said, white smiley mask on again.

"Emoji, wish I could say the same, but how does one win the manhunt?" I asked.

"Either you made it back to L'Manburg, or I have a sword to your throat." He said, coming closer with an enchanted netherite sword.

My breath hitched as he raised it to my throat, this is the end of me. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain, but it never came, well not in that form.

I opened my eyes to see he was gone, but the pain of heavy stick or something was way worse in the back of my head. I fell down, collapsing onto the grass before fully losing consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait, if you guys pester me enough with comments asking when the chapters coming out, it gives me motivation.

Also, go to bed. Just do it.