Part 2

By the end of four weeks of school one of my art professors wants us each to find an old building somewhere and do a series of pencil drawings, chalk drawings and one painting in either oil or watercolor. With this in mind and having the entire weekend to do the assignment it was going to be a relaxing time doing something enjoyable that did not require me to be careful of exposing my wings publicly. The old church was a perfect place for me and it was a short drive away from here.

Unfortunately my car would be going nowhere as some drunken fool had totaled it by running into it with a truck while trying to do a burnout in the parking lot. He lost control of his vehicle and slammed into the back end of mine at almost 50 miles an hour. My insurance company received the report and agreed that the accident was in no way my fault. The idiot in the truck was forced to pay for the car to be towed and then had to get his insurance company involved. They were not happy with him but agreed that the incident was in no way my fault. It would be three weeks before they sent a check to cover the cost of the car so until then my only option was to walk or get a ride.

The third option was the one that no one suspected. It was almost 2:00 am on Friday night when my my bag full of art supplies, a couple of spare diapers and other things left the ground with me on my way to the church. No one was around that could see me as I took flight under my own power and began my trek to the church about two hours flight time from the school.

Once at the little church I circled around a few times while scanning the surrounding area for any signs of people that might possibly see me landing. With no one in sight it was a simple matter of flaring my wings out to cut my speed down and finally come in slow for a landing. It had felt good to fly all the way under my own power and not have to worry about hiding my wings.

It was still dark with the sunrise about 45 minutes away yet so with this in mind I spent time exploring the area on foot for a bit before going inside and then flying backup to the hiding place in the old choir loft. Once there I simply unrolled my sleeping bag and then set my art supplies off to one side where they would not be hit by me if I tossed and turned in my sleep.

It was a few hours later that the sunlight woke me up once more. After rolling up my sleeping bag it was time to clean up the mud filled diaper taped around my waist. It was a good thing that plenty of diaper wipes had been packed as it took a few minutes to get the mess wiped off of me before putting a clean diaper on. Disposing of the old one was simple for me to do. I simply took it outside and looked around a minute before flying up about 200 feet and throwing it as hard as I could in a random direction.

I loved this little church in the middle of nowhere. Something about this place felt peaceful and put me at ease as I drew several sketches of the interior and the outside. I did a couple of color chalk drawings of the church from the outside at different angles followed finally by a set of paintings. I did one in watercolor of the inside with the sunlight streaming through the lovely stained glass windows.

The last painting I did was from the outside of the building and it was done in oil paint as the sun was setting behind it and illuminating the whole structure. I have never painted this fast and easily before. It seemed like something wanted me to paint this place. It was a bit spooky to be able to paint this way but nevertheless it happened smoothly and effortlessly.

With the painting done it was set inside to dry more without being exposed to the elements. My art supplies were picked up and put into the small bag that also held my spare diapers and changing supplies. After packing up everything then my next chore was to simply change my diaper again that was threatening to leak. This one was disposed of the same way as the last one. It made me chuckle a little to think of where my used diaper landed.