Chapter 9 - One Hell of a Month

Third Person POV

July 31th, 1991

The second Tilly and Draco's feet step into the fire, they're transported to Malfoy Manner, where Tilly and Severus would be staying until two weeks before school would start. This meant that Tilly would have her 11th birthday with the Malfoy's and more specifically with Draco. For as long as Tilly and Draco can remember they had always gotten each other gifts, for every celebration. Draco's birthday had just past last month, so, Tilly had brought him a watch. The watch has a black band, silver clasp, but the face of the watch is what really mattered; it had a greenback and a curled-up silver snake in the middle surrounding the hands of the clock. Draco loves the watch so much he tries not to take it off unless he is going into any water. Tilly got it for him for school, that way he can get to class on time.

Narcissa and Lucius had gotten Tilly, what Narcissa had called it, a Snuggle up Pamper Hamper. As everyone knew, Tilly only likes the colour black, and if you were lucky she would wear green, she only wears silver jewellery and maybe some gold. The hamper included; a black plush throw (oversized jumper), Japanese cherry blossom candle in a black glass container, a Nourishing Goats Milk, Raw Organic Cacao Butter & Lavender Botanicals bath salts, a black flower incense diffuser, and a black blanket with silver words saying, 'Something Special for You'. Lucius has no clue what half of these things are, but he trusts Narcissa. Severus has gotten Tilly a black quill with a silver grip with a snake on it, an inkpot with a snake on the lid and desk stand for the quill.

Along with the necklace Lily had wanted him to give Tilly, it was quite beautiful. It was a simple infinity sign, silver and had diamonds encrusted on one opposite corner. It reminds Snape of Tilly and his way of saying 'I love You'.

After finding out about Raven, Draco had settled on something with a snake on it. In the end, Draco had gone with a pair of silver small snake earrings, with black jewels for eyes. Draco had been pacing in his room for hours now, waiting until he was allowed to walk Tilly and wish her a happy birthday. The two always had done this for the other. Draco's room was a bit more colourful than the rest of the Manner, it had; black doors with silver handles, black curtains and his four-post bed had emerald sheets with a black doona cover, for bedding, the room had a walk-in closet and ensuite. Narcissa had told Draco to let Tilly sleep in until at least eight am, as it would just be the two of them until later when they all celebrated together. Draco's patience is running thin, and with only 15 minutes until eight, Draco sprints out of his room and to the one right next to his. Draco had insisted that when Tilly stays with them, she stay in the spare room next to his.

Knocking on the door just to makes sure if she was awake, he wouldn't walk in on her. Getting no reply, Draco slowly and quietly opens the door, poking his head inside spotting Tilly's sleeping figure still fast asleep in the bed. Creeping into the room trying not to make a noise, not letting the floor creek under his weight. Standing at the end of the bed, seeing how peaceful Tilly looks when she sleeps, calmed Draco. Shaking his head and going back to the plan at hand. The only way Draco was going to wake Tilly up, is by jumping on her and scaring her awake. Draco has been waiting for this moment since his birthday when Tilly did the same. Pushing for the floor and landing on all fours on the bed Draco had woken Tilly, to say the least,

"Ah!" Tilly sits up for a shock. "What the hell Draco." Tilly scowls