Chapter 17 - Christmas

Third Person POV

24th December 1991

Christmas Eve the start of school holidays. This year would be the first time Tilly wouldn't be with both Draco and Severus. She would be spending the early four days at school with her Father and Harry, and the last four with the Malfoy's. Tilly had already got everyone a few things for Christmas. She had given Hermione a set of advanced books, Harry a photo of them when they caught the snitch, Ron a new chess set; as he's been teaching Harry, Draco a green apple tree, that is small enough to be on his dresser in his dorm. Tilly had also got some of the staff a few things, as she had gotten very with them. Minerva, or as Tilly calls her Aunt Min, has been teaching her in transfigurations and now Tilly can change into any animal, which has never been heard of, but it takes a lot and is very tiring, so Tilly tends to stay with her Snake form. And got Albus a new pair of fluffy Hogwarts socks. For her Father, she had brought him a photo album of them, starting from when she was just a baby to the present day, with room to put more photos. Along with a coffee or tea mug, that said DAD on it with little fun facts.

Harry had explained everything they suspected about Snape. Even if it did hurt Tilly to know her friends though her Dad was the one trying to steal the stone, she knew he wasn't, so she just didn't say anything. And also, what Hagrid had told them about Nicolas Flamel. Of course, Tilly already knew everything about the man and even about the stone, which the trio was still oblivious. Tilly had said goodbye to Draco and Hermione when they had left and stayed with Snape tonight as not many people where around, so it was easier for them to be around each other. Little did Tilly know, the girl who took the photos, was going home on the train and was about to make their lives hell.

Now sitting with her Dad in his armchairs, drinking some tea while reading a potions book, all was quiet, and calm for the Snapes. Raven, Duke, and Shade where already sound asleep. Shade was sleeping in the potions storage room as it was the darkest and coldest. Duke was in his bed in Severus's room, while Raven was in on Tilly's bed. Seeing the time Tilly gets up.

"I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow. Night Dad." Tilly kisses Snape cheek as he says goodnight. The Snape's were never one for Christmas, and only ever went to the Malfoy's, this year was different, Tilly had more people to celebrate with. She was finally looking forward to Christmas.

25th December 1991 - Christmas Morning

Tilly had woken up much earlier to make sure she was there for when Harry and Ron woke up. She had opened her presents from. Aunty Min had gotten her a pair of lion earrings, and Albus gave her some socks as well; that man does love socks. The last present to open was from her Dad, who got her a necklace with two sliver linked rings, one that was bigger than the other, Severus said it was a symbol of their love; Linked Forever, Always Loved.

"Thanks, Dad, I love it." Tilly hands Severus the necklace to help her put it on. Tilly rarely wore the necklace from her Mother; in fact, she never did. Tilly didn't feel connected to her Mum, but she knew the exact person who might want to. "Albus and Aunty Min have their presents, the only one to open is yours." Tilly grabbed Snape present from her and handed it to him. Unwrapping the mug and reading what was on it, Snape laughs. "I know the Severus Snape isn't a public Father. But you're still my Dad. Plus, I thought it was quite funny."

"It is my dear." Snape places the mug down and reaches for the book.

Flipping through the pages seeing every memory he ever had of Tilly and himself, in the book. His heart warmed, and he started to smile. As he turned the pages, she saw Tilly grow up again. Looking back to the girl he calls his daughter, who was sitting in front of, he started to tear up. "Pumpkin, this is amazing. Thank you." Severus pulls Tilly into a hug. The two hugs for a while then Tilly walks over to Harry and Ron.