Chapter 6

Ivey-Roses POV

I woke up to hearing a loud thump, I slowly looked over in the direction the noise came from to see Soda lying on the floor. I covered my mouth to hold in a laugh, Soda had fallen off of the bed. I got out of the bed and walked over to Soda's body.

"Soda...?" I whispered nudging his body with my toe. He didn't move a bit.

"Soda?" I snapped nudging his body a little harder. He just rolled over on to his side.

"Soda!?" I yelled straight into his ear. He sat up with a sudden jolt, knocking me over onto the floor.

"How'd I get down here?" He said looking over at me.

"You fell out of your bed." I said trying to keep a little laugh in.

"Oh" he said before standing up. He held out his hand to me to help me up. I smiled and grabbed his hand, he pulled me up as if I was as light as a feather.

"Thank you" I smiled at him.

"No problem" he replied, smiling back at me.

There was a knock on the door and Ponyboy walked in. We both looked over at him.

"Hey Ivey, do you still go to school?" He asked looking at me.

"Yeah, I had to, why?" I asked becoming confused.

"Well it is Monday, are you going to come in?"

"Uhh, yeah sure, I should probably get ready then, what time is it?"

"7:15, I'll be leaving at 7:45." He said before walking out of the room leaving me and Soda alone again.

"It's a crime to be up this early on a Monday." I said, Turing around and grabbing my clothes from my bag. Soda laughed and sat down on his bed.

"That's why I don't go, plus I'm dumb as well."

"Soda, you're not dumb, you're probably smarter than me, and I know that for a fact." I said looking at him.

"There's no way your dumb." He said looking back at me.

"Trust me there is, I'm failing every single subject, especially English and Maths." I said before walking out of the room and into the bathroom.

I got showered and did my hair and make up before walking out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. Ponyboy was sitting at the table eating while Darry was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Good morning." I said smiling at Darry.

"Morning Ivey, here's your breakfast." He said handing me a plate of eggs and bacon.

"Thank you." I said before walking over and sitting at the table next to Ponyboy. He smiled at me and continued eating is food. I started to eat my food, it tasted soooo good. I go haven't had a cooked breakfast since I was 14, all thanks to my mother who said it was a waste of time.

After I finished I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"That was really good, thanks for that Darry." I said rinsing off my plate.

"No problem, here I'll wash it, if you don't leave now you'll both be late for school." He said grabbing the plate from me.

"Thanks Darry, bye." I said grabbing my bag from the living room and running outside to where Ponyboy was waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready" I replied before starting to walk down the road, Ponyboy by my side.

"What's your favorite class?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Uhm, I don't know, I'm failing all if them, but if I had to choose it would be Science." I said nodding slightly.