Chapter 9

Ivey-Rose's POV

When we got back home the rest of the gang were already there. Dally, and Two-Bit were watching TV with Rosie, Ponyboy and Johnny were outside having a smoke, and Darry was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Steve walked over and plopped himself on the couch beside Dally, Soda did the same but next to Two-Bit, I decided that I would go and have a nap, since I haven't had one since I was like 10.

About 30 minutes later there was a knock on the door, Soda walked in with a smile on his face. He came over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Dinners ready, but just a warning, the whole gang is staying, and then after we're going out to the movies, Ponyboy's request, but Dally decided to stay behind with Rosie, because he thinks you'd try to kidnap her." He smiled slightly at Dally's wide imagination.

"Ok, I'll stay here, I'm tired anyway. Now, legs go get some dinner." I said, grabbing Soda's hand and dragging him through to the dining area.

*_*_*_*_*_*

The boys had left, leaving Dally, Rosie, and me alone. I was lying on the couch, nearly asleep when I felt something on my stomach, I heard a little baby giggle, I opened my eyes to see Dally holding Rosie on my stomach.

I looked up at him and smiled, he smiled back, it really was a weird sight to see, a guy like him, holding a baby, it was actually quite cute in a weird way.

I sat up slightly and tickled Rosie's feet, she let out another one of her adorable baby giggles.

"How come you said that you didn't want to go because you thought I would kidnap her?" I asked Dally, referring to Rosie.

"Well part of it was just an excuse so I didn't have to go, I knew you wouldn't kidnap her considering you'd have nowhere to go." He said, smirking slightly at the last part.

"That's true, plus I wouldn't have kidnapped her in the first place, you seem happy around her."

"Yeah." He said picking her up and sitting down on the couch next to me. Rosie started to reach over to me.

"Can I hold her?" I asked him.

"Uh yeah sure." He said before handing me Rosie.

"Hello" I said placing her on my lap so she was facing me, she smiled at me. I bounced my knee slightly making her giggle.

"She's really cute you know, she's got your smile." I said smiling over at Dally.

She had my mothers eyes, the same shape and color, except they were almost electric blue, whereas moms were more of a sky blue. I got my eye color from my father, they were, according to my brother, the most striking shade of green he'd ever seen.

"Yeah, a lady at the store told me that the other day, she also told me that it was one of the first times she had seen me not steal something from the store, she was wrong by the way, I had a Pepsi and a bag of chips in my jacket." He said, amused.

I laughed a little, typical of him.

"So did you actually buy something?" I asked him.

"Yeah, some food for her." He said nodding towards Dally. I nodded at his answer.

I felt something grip my finger, I looked down to see Rosie had a hold of it, I smiled at her as she did a little yawn before smiling at me again.

"She looks tired." I said, passing her back over to Dally. He smiled at me and cradled her in his arms. Within a matter of seconds she was fast asleep in his arms. He smiled at her before looking over at me.

"You look tired as well." He said.

"Yeah, so do you." I smiled at him before leaning into the couch and closing my eyes, I heard Dally do the same.

*_*_*_*_*

I was woken up from the loud sound of the gang coming back from the movies, they must've seen us because the immediately shut up. I felt strong arms pick me up, was then placed on what felt like my bed, I opened my eyes to see Soda smiling at me.

"Goodnight Ivey." He said kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight Soda." I said smiling a little, closing my eyes again.

"Oh Soda?"

"Yeah?"

"Tell Dally... Tell Dally I forgive him." I said before falling back asleep.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

That was chapter 9!!!!!!! Hope ya liked it :) sorry it's short.