Intro

13th June, 2016, 12:45 A.M.

@SeokJinfinity

13th June. A date which is etched into the memories of the world for eternity. It's the day the world wide phenomenon BTS debuted. It's also the day Jeon Jungkook took his life in 2016.

Seokjin mourns everything, but being the eldest is hard. So he shuts up, just like the others, and continues performing as a 6-member boy-band. Nothing is the same as before.

But, one fateful day, Seokjin wakes up in the year 2016, month January. 5 months before Jungkook kills himself.

He has 5 months to save him. Will Seokjin be able to save Jungkook?

[This has dark themes. Read at your own risk.]

"Even if I am struck by rain,

Even if I am erased by darkness,

I will definitely save you.

You are not alone."

- Don't Leave Me, Face Yourself [BTS]

Copyright © 2020 by SeokJinfinity

Don't plagiarize. I'll report you.

------------------- ---oOo--- -------------------

I don't own BTS. This is a fictional representation of our boys. I don't wish any of this to them ; I wish the best for them ; may life bestow all the goods it can offer to them.

And yes, I condemn bullying, and am fighting against haters who talk shit about BTS, without knowing a dead cell about them. [On YT, that is. If you speak shit about BTS, and I see it, be prepared for the nasty scolds and comments which are gonna come to you.]

<NO BULLYING. RESPECT EVERYONE.>

That's it. Read tags ; be healthy, be happy.

[Face Yourself, Love Yourself, Speak Yourself.]

Twitter: ksj_verse

Instagram: twt.ksj_verse

AO3: SeokJinfinity

------------------- ---oOo--- -------------------

PROLOGUE

Jimin relaxed into the couch, a bowl of popcorn in his hand. He picked one up and began munching it. Beside him was Seokjin and the rest of the members.

Except one.

"Where's Jungkook?" Namjoon asked, as he wrapped his arms around Hoseok. The latter didn't mind, and wrapped his own arms around the rapper. Taehyung shook his head. "He didn't come. He said he wasn't feeling well." he said, stealing a popcorn from Jimin. The vocalist hit him on his forearm. Taehyung pouted and rubbed his arm, smiling.

"You shouldn't have left him alone, Tae. You know about those...don't you?" Seokjin questioned, as he scrolled through Twitter.

The room went into a dark silence. The eldest gave a sigh and continued cruising through his phone. He winced at the tweets he saw.

Jungkook had been receiving death threats for a while now. It was 2016, and BTS were at the peak of their fame, rising through the music industry, paving their way into the hearts of millions of fans. Awards were handed out like candy to them. They were at the top of their career. And tomorrow, was a very special day. It was 13th June. The day they debuted, 3 years ago.

They were holding a Festa, as usual, which millions of fans were going to watch. Their manager had instructed them to not fool around, and lift their spirits up, because they had to do a lot of stuff in the Festa. So, everyone had gathered together, to enjoy their day off.

Except Jungkook. Who was dealing with all these threats and hate fired at him. He was only 18. What had he done? What was his crime, that he had to face such hate, shaming and disrespect?! He didn't know.

Seokjin continued to wince and grimace at the tweets, curses sitting on the tip of his tongue.

@Jeon_sucks

Can Jungkook just die already? Come on, he's a useless kid. He can't sing or dance. Golden maknae my A$$!

@Kookie_trash

Fukin bitch can't sing or dance. His "raps" r cringey. Die u bastard whore. Do u suck jimin's dick?

Jin resisted the urge to fling his phone into the wall. He took a deep breath and exited the app. They had a heavy schedule tomorrow. He should calm down.

XXXX

Jungkook's hands shook as he gripped the blade tighter around his fingers. They were bleeding, and they hurt. But the vocalist didn't care. He couldn't seem to care.

His expensive Samsung phone lay in front of him, Twitter open in it. His eyes skimmed through the tweets. He gave a dry chuckle to himself. I'm useless. He mused to himself.

Jungkook had lost the will to live anymore. What's the point in continuing with life, if you don't have any purpose with it anymore? Jungkook laughed to himself again, tears streaming down his face, snot dribbling through his nose.

Raising the blade to eye level, Jungkook inspected the shiny metal.

Thank you everyone. I don't deserve you.

Jungkook sighed to himself. He picked his phone up and typed out a suicide note in his notepad. He checked the time. 12:43 am, 13th June. He shut the phone.

"Bye, everyone. I love you."

He sliced his arms, cutting open the main artery. His eyes rolled back to his head, as blood spurted out of his arms. He bled to a painful death, his last words being--

"I'll miss you, Jin-hyung."

XXXX

"Jungkook isn't here yet. We're about to begin shooting." Sejin said, checking his watch for the umpteenth time. The members sighed. "He's probably in his room, knocked out." Yoongi joked. The manager groaned. "I'll send someone to check up on him." he said. He called out a staff and sent him to get Jungkook.

Minutes later, a frantic shriek resounding through the set.

"He's dead! Jungkook-ssi! He covered in blood! Help!"

The members eyes went wide, jaw going slack.

XXXX

The police arrived, media tagging along. The forensic experts sent the body off for postmortem. An officer went to talk to the grief-stricken, crying members.

"It's a case of suicide. Mr. Jeon was bullied, wasn't he?" the officer asked. The members nodded. "The hate comments..." Jimin trailed off.

"Suicide note found in phone. Jeon Jung-Kook, time of death 12:45 am, dated 13th June, 2016, Monday." a forensic officer announced.

The members' heart shattered. Jungkook, their playful, golden maknae. The star of theirs and millions of peoples' hearts. Was. No. More.

Jungkook was no more. (And it was all the haters' fault.)

XXXX