XIII

18 th March 2016 ; 3 Months to Jeongguk's Death

"Hyung," Yoongi whined, sitting in front of Jin, trying to get his attention. The elder didn't look up from his phone, just hummed. The rapper pouted. "I literally cut my arm and died to do this, and you are just going to ignore me like that?" he said incredulously. Seokjin sighed and chucked his phone aside. "What?" he said, sitting up straight.

Yoongi bit his lip. "Tell me about...this. This that you are doing."

"What am I doing?" Seokjin laughed. "I'm changing our present and altering our past. That's it! That's what I am doing." he said, thumb kneading his palm. Yoongi raised a skeptical eyebrow. "That's it? Then why are we involved in such a big mess, may I know?"

The eldest furrowed his brows. "I'm not going to do anything illegally. We are internationally famous, for peace sake. I just cannot kill a person like that. To save Jeongguk, well, I have to go through the legal path. What are you even saying?" he said, eyes squinted to little slits. Yoongi rubbed his palms together. "What I am saying is, will this work?" he looked at Seokjin.

The latter shook his head lightly, smiling at his younger. "You know something, Yoongichi? Truth can be restrained, but can't be defeated. We will win in the end. Don't worry."

"Truth always prevails."

XXXX

20 th March 2016 ; 3 Months to Jeongguk's Death

"So we're going on a hiatus now, correct?"

Namjoon clutched his Samsung tighter, pressing the phone into his ear as he talked with their CEO. The reply from the other end was a yes. The leader nodded his head and hung up the call with a polite bye. He turned to look at the six members sitting on the living room couch.

"On a hiatus till the Case is closed." he said, rubbing his face. All seven were staring at the ground, nervous. "I don't know how ARMYs will react to this when BigHit releases the notice." he sighed. Seokjin put his arm around Jeongguk, trying to calm him down. So did Jimin, and both boys were hugging the maknae, so that he didn't feel uncomfortable and break down. Namjoon stared at the maknae, whose eyes seemed damp and shiny, and kneeled in front of him.

"Don't worry, Jeongguk-ah. We will make sure that bastard who dared to touch you, rots in hell. We are always with you."

It called for a group hug.

XXXX

24 th March 2016 ; 3 Months to Jeongguk's Death

ARMYs were equally supportive and sad about the hiatus. Encouraging tweets supporting the boys flooded the timeline. The members smiled, some tension leaving their minds. But then, there were those tweets.

The hate tweets and death threats.

Seokjin gulped. What was Kshitij upto? He was in custody. How...? It wasn't possible. Unless he had more accomplices. Yeah, that made sense.

So there wasn't just one person, but a whole group behind their maknae.

Seokjin would make sure to kill each one of them.

XXXX

28 th March 2016 ; 3 Months to Jeongguk's Death

"Come on everyone, pack up! We are boarding a flight to India in 8 hours." Sejin barged into the boys' dorm, phone in hand. Namjoon stared at him, sandwich forgotten in hand. "So soon?" he said. He tossed his half-eaten sandwich onto the plate in front of him. "This is such a short notice--"

"You're idols! In a legal case! Now pack up! Please, Namjoon-ssi. I'll wait for you at the BigHit building. 11:00 PM, be ready." the Manager said and went out. The leader just stood there, stupefied. He shrugged and called his members to start packing their bags.

"Everyone!" he yelled. No answer. Were they sleeping or what? Namjoon sighed and went to each room personally to give them the news.

XXXX

"What's the time zone difference again?" Jimin asked as he pulled his passport out of his purse. Taehyung shoved his phone into the elder's face. "Three and a half hours." he said, chewing a bar of chocolate. Jimin raised his eyebrows. "Our flight's at 1:00 AM, so that means it'll be 4:30 AM there? Wow." he said. Taehyung squinted his eyes at him, before staring at the Seoul's skyline through the van window.

Meanwhile, Jeongguk was cradled in the two eldest members' arms. His head was resting on Seokjin's shoulder, while Yoongi was slowly massaging his hands. His face was tranquil, relieved of any tension.

That is exactly how Seokjin wanted him to be. That is exactly how he wanted his group to be. If that needs him to sacrifice himself, he'll gladly do.

XXXX

"Do you see that man in a black hoodie? He's staring at you." Yoongi nudged Seokjin as they moved forward for their security check. The eldest frowned and looked at the direction Yoongi was pointing at. Sure, a black hoodie clad man, face hidden under a mask, was looking at his direction. He had sunglasses on, which made it difficult to see his face. Seokjin stared back at the man.

The man gave him a 'I'm watching you' gesture, before a huge crowd of people passed by in front him. By the time it dispersed, the man was gone.

Seokjin nervously fiddled with his fingers, as they walked forward towards their departure gate.

XXXX

[A/N: Vamp!Jin oneshot coming up! the look for Jin there is this:

can be found on my instagram which is twt.ksj_verse