I

"This...this isn't happening..." Taehyung choked out, tears streaming non-stop from his eyes. "Kookie...Kookie can't leave us like this! We're-we're a family! Who will call me hyu-hyung now?!" he shrieked out, covering his face with his palms. Jimin stood beside him, running a hand up and down his back, crying himself.

Yoongi was accompanying Hoseok, who was sobbing and throwing up at the same time. Namjoon clasped Seokjin's hands into his own. Being a leader was difficult. You had to stuff your feelings down, to stay strong for your team. His voice wavered as he spoke.

"J-Jin hyung. L-lets stay strong, yeah? We-we b-both h-have res-responsibilities...stay strong, hmm?" the rapper said, running his fingers across the eldest's knuckles, who was weeping. "H-how, Joon-ah? JK, he pr-promised me to have dinner with me at the-that restaurant...how-who will t-tease me? No, Kookie cannot do-do this!" he yelled, breaking down. The two hugged each other, trying to find comfort.

XXXX

The members returned from the police station, Jungkook's phone in their hands. The police had allowed them to take Jungkook's phone, with a few conditions, which they readily agreed. An exact clone remained in police custody. And they weren't allowed to modify the contents of the device. Like they were gonna, Jimin had snorted.

Jin caressed the phone between his palms. This was Jungkook's. Our Kookie's.

The phone was unlocked. Seokjin would explore the contents later.

XXXX

The boys filed out of the recording studio, teary eyed. They had finished recording a song in remembrance of Jungkook, their precious maknae. The song was named 'Forever', and it was released a few days later. The song easily assessed 200 million views in 24 hours, earning 1 billion in just one month.

One month had passed since Jungkook left them.

Seokjin cried tears of pain in the award show's backstage.

XXXX

To be frank, the members were tired. Tired of pretending to be happy, when they still sobbed in secret for their loss. Tired of acting dandy and fine, when they were not. Yoongi's depression had resurfaced, and he was taking therapy for it. Taehyung had shut off, his derpy self not visible anymore.

They were drowning.

And no one could help them.

XXXX

13 th August, 2017 ; 1 year, 2 months after Jungkook's Death

Seokjin remembers the phone. But he hadn't dared to touch it. In fear of having a panic attack with painful memories. He sighed and put his black coat on.

The boys, including theirs and Jungkook's family, were visiting the dead idol's grave. His funeral had been conducted shortly after his postmortem, which had declared suicidal death. The blade, his phones, notes...everything had been confiscated by the police. A case was filed and handed over to FBI, who probed the death, and arrived to no conclusion, except for depression. The Jeon Jungkook Suicide Case was shut down.

Big Hit had released it's statements of condolences of losing its precious idol, also stating that BTS would continue as a 6 member boy band. The boys weren't happy, but they straightened themselves, comforting each other, saying, "Kookie would want us to."

So they continued.

Jin snapped out of his thoughts. He zoned out a lot nowadays. Their van stopped in front of the cemetery. Media and paparazzi were waiting for them outside, cameras and mics ready to capture every single detail of them. Jin snorted. Why can't they leave us in peace? We're alive, aren't we? Jungkook's dead. Die in hell, assholes. He mumbled in his head.

Jimin ushered the eldest out of the car, fake smiles plastered on their lips for the cameras, which dropped as soon as the boys entered the cemetery.

There were their families, standing besides their maknae's grave.

Jeon Jung-Kook

1997-2016

"He was our bunny, our sweetie. The cause of our Euphoria."

"He'll be missed by millions. But he stays in our heart."

The people standing around his grave said a silent prayer, before shedding tears. Seokjin clasped his fingers around Jungkook's phone. He wanted to sleep. Forget about everything.

Die. To meet his Kook.

But he can't.

He heaved another broken sigh, hiccuping between his sobs.

XXXX

11 th June, 2020 ; 4 years after Jungkook's Death

They had just finished shooting for their Festa. Tired, aching and sweaty, the boys stumbled into their dorm, scrambling for the nearest washrooms to take a shower. Jimin yelled at Taehyung as the boy whizzed past him and shut the washroom door.

Seokjin stepped into the hot jet of water, muscles relaxing into the soothing steam. He plucked the loofah and squirted some gel on it, scrubbing his golden skin till it turned red. Washing the material under the water, he watched as the bubbles flowed down his body smoothly, and flushed away into the drain.

Jin grabbed a towel and wrapped it around himself after drying up. He grabbed a hairdryer and went out of the washroom. Jimin smiled at him, and the other returned it, before parting ways.

XXXX

It was a usual day for BTS. Shooting, break, lunch, shooting, shooting, shooting. Sleep. Wake up. Shooting. Practice. Practice. Break. This was their life, and it was the same today.

Until something went wrong.

Seokjin had just woken up from a nap after tiring hours of practice. Their choreography was hard and demanding, and even if he had improved, it sucked the energy out of the idol. Cross-eyed and hazy-visioned, Seokjin shut the 3:00 PM alarm and staggered out of bed, already dressed. He preferred to be ready.

But he wasn't ready to bang his head on the granite coffee table in their living room. His vision hadn't cleared, and he wasn't able to open his eyes fully. So he didn't notice the unaware Bluetooth speaker on the ground, and tripped on it. His eyes went wide and his vision cleared, but it was too late. The hard, unwelcoming surface of the coffee table greeted his forehead, and the world went black surrounded by pain.

XXXX