𝗖𝗵. 𝗜𝗜

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦

───────

THE NEWFOUND MANDALORIAN sputtered before he shouted, "I'm in the Guild!" as he lifted a tracking fob within his gloved hand. Fortunately for him, the blaster bolt that she had shot at him, had hit his armored shoulder and hadn't caused him any injury.

          "I'm not, and I still have a fob," she informed him as stepped in front of the IG unit. "Doesn't mean shab to me," she spoke with an unimpressed tone, keeping her blasters at her side as she looked down at him, part of her wondering where he had come from.

          The Mandalorian lifted his head to her, readying to say something back to her out of annoyance, but he stopped as she entered the shaded eyesight of his visor. He had known she was a Mandalorian when he had shot that mercenary behind her form on top of the rocky hills, but he had not recognized who she was until this very moment. He had seen her a few times before. It wasn't in a situation resembling this one, but rather back in the Mandalorian covert on Nevarro, where they had both left only a day or so ago.

          They had never spoken before. And, although he recognized her, she could not say the same for him. She didn't have an inkling as to who he was nor where he had come from. She was well aware that there were other Mandalorians within the vast galaxy, living on numerous different planets and star systems, but she hadn't expected to find one living on one such as this desert inferno. He had said that he worked within the Bounty Hunters Guild. There was no such organization out here.

          "You are a Guild member?" the IG unit questioned as he came to stand beside her, turning its body and lowering the blaster within its hand while it addressed the man in front of them. "I thought I was the only one on assignment," it responded in uncertainty.

          "That makes two of us," both of the Mandalorians spoke in unison. Their voices meshing together caused them to glance over at each other in disoriented silence.

          She cleared her throat, "Three, it seems," she said as she stepped toward the Mandalorian, who still sat on the ground, and offered a helping hand out to him.

          "So much–" his words paused while he took her hand and allowed her to help him back up to his feet again, "–for the lament of surprise," he murmured, wasting no time before he turned and moved back behind the sandstone pillar he had snuck out from just moments ago, leaning his back against it as he sighed in a sense of irritant.

          "Mine went out the hatch when this laser brain," she paused as she gestured towards the droid beside her with a gloved thumb. "-charged in and started a blaster fight," she finished her sentence, leaning against the pillar opposite from the other Mandalorian, and glared at the IG unit from under her shaded visor.