Chapter VII

It was mid-morning of the next day by the time they had reached the Jawas Sandcrawler, and the storm that been lingering over them had left them long behind. The child now sat at the lower end of the wagon while she still sat behind the man in front of her, leaning her forearms on the edge of the coach as they moved through the flattened sandy ground.

Tilting her head over the side, she looks towards the crawler that was in front of them. It was at a standstill in the middle of the desert with nothing but a few sandstone hills around it. The Jawas had set up canopies under the shade of their vessel, the fabric of them having holes and tears that did little to nothing, while several random objects were laying on the ground around them.

All of the Jawas were shouting and readying their blasters as they neared them, surely having noticed the Mandalorian, who had killed several of their friends, was sitting on the wagon. She couldn't blame them for their hostile actions as she would have done the same to avenge her people, but she was silently hoping that they wouldn't do anything to the male Mandalorian and that he wouldn't give them any other reason as to why they shouldn't give him the parts to his ship back.

"They really don't like you for some reason," the Ugnaught states from where he was sat on the slow-moving blurrg.

"Well, I did disintegrate a few of them," the Mandalorian informs him. His words make her shake her head, knowing that his discare would bring some kind of consequences to him...and most likely her as well.

One of the Jawas' shouts in their language as he waves his hands in the air, speaking to the two Mandalorians. She had no idea what they were trying to communicate towards her, as it was one of the many languages she only spoke a few words of. By the lack of a response from the man in front of her, it was clear that he had a similar knowledge limit and didn't speak their language fluently.

"You need to drop your weapons," the Ugnaught instructs the both of them.

She looks over to the Jawas again, watching as they stared at them in distrust, resentment, and small amounts of despair. Empathy had always been something she involuntarily swam in, and she could not ignore the tides that swept her inward.
With a sigh, she takes her blasters out of their holsters and sets them down onto the wagon, giving the Jawas a small nod to try and show she was no threat to them. Regrettably, the man next to her was not so easily persuaded.

"I'm a Mandalorian. Weapons are part of my religion," he states, tightening his hold on the rifle in his hand. Perhaps it was because of what she was once told by someone when she was a child, but she didn't agree with him on his stance on weaponry.

"They're...really...not," she says in confusion, slowly trying to form a way to tell him that wasn't exactly correct. Based on the way his head turns to her, she could tell that he wished for her to stop talking. "Do you want to get off this planet, or not?" She asks as she stares up at him in an almost challenging way.

He stares at her through his visor as he contemplates her words. He knew she was right, and he also knew she knew she was right as well. Shaking his head in exasperation, he sighs as he turns away from her, setting his rifle down as he hops off the wagon, and looks over to the Ugnaught as he comes to stand beside him.

"And the blaster," the Ugnaught tells him, pointing towards the blaster that rested in the holster on his leg before walking off to greet the Jawas in front of them. The Mandalorian sighs in annoyance as he tosses his blaster onto the wagon, almost like a child would have when told they could not have something they wanted.

The two Mandalorians walk after the Ugnaught, keeping their guard up as they go, but she does not walk beside him for long. Two of the Jawas walk over to her as they speak and use their hands to try and communicate with her. She glances over to the man who had stopped walking beside her, unsure what they were trying to tell her, but he didn't have a clue either.