The City of Love

Jin's POV

When I returned to the hotel the next day, I saw Tae already waiting for me. When he saw me he walked up to me and handed me a covered cup.

"Here, I got you a hot chocolate. I wasn't sure how you take your coffee and didn't want to risk messing it up. I figured that I couldn't go wrong with hot chocolate."

When he handed it to me, he had an adorable boxy smile that I had never seen before. And I was temporarily stunned into silence by his complete change of demeanor towards me.

I grabbed the cup and our fingers touched. And when I looked at him, his face was blushing.

"Thank you for the chocolate. It was very nice of you."

"I still feel terrible about what happened to you yesterday."

"Don't worry about it anymore. I am fine."

He smiled again and then we started walking towards the pool area. We went about doing what we were assigned to do, then I saw Nadia heading our way. I tried to get Tae's attention, but he didn't see me.

I was a bit farther away from them but I could see how she popped up behind him and scared him. She looked excited to see him and was being a bit touchy. Not that it bothered me.

But I couldn't stop myself from looking in their direction.
When she saw me looking at them, she leaned down to whisper something in his ear then they both looked at me. I then saw him shake his head and she looked ecstatic after that and held onto his arm.

I don't know why I couldn't look away. It was like looking at a car wreck or something.

"How are you feeling today?" I heard someone ask.

When I turned around I saw Charles standing there. He looked fucking good.

He wore a pair of black Adidas running pants and a skin tight black t-shirt. His skin was glistening in the sun. He was now clean shaven and his hair was combed back with gel. It took me a few seconds to get my bearings after checking him out.

"I am doing fine. Still alive and kicking. Thanks to you. You are my life saver."

He laughed and said, "Please don't make a big deal about it.
I'm not good at taking a compliment."

"But don't you hear them all the time?" I asked.

He looked confused and asked, "pardon?"

I shook my head and said, "nevermind."

We stood around chatting for a bit until he said he had to go somewhere.

"Maybe we can meet somewhere for a drink sometime. I mean, if you want." He asked.

I knew I was blushing but I still managed to reply, "Yeah, maybe."

He then turned and left. When I turned back to where Tae was at earlier, he was no longer there.

After a while, I walked over to the maintenance room to return one of the brooms. And when I walked out I nearly bumped into Nadia who had been looking for something, or someone.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you." I said to her.

When she saw me she faked a smile and said, "Seokjin, have you seen Taehyung? I can't find him."

"No, I haven't seen him since earlier, but I will tell him that you are looking for him if you want."

She then quickly shook her head and waved her hands, "No.. no, no need to tell him. I will just see him later I guess."