Constraints

Jin and Tae spent new year's with their friends. And they all just hung out at Jin's apartment.

Jin would speak occasionally to his parents and it was during one of those phone calls that she told him that Jungkook has been asking about him.

Claiming to be hurt that he left the country without telling his best friend goodbye.

He told her to tell him that he's doing really well and is now happily in love with someone who loves him back. He was upset that Jungkook is just now asking for him when he left months ago.

At a later phone call, she told him that Jungkook had a hurt look on his face when she told him. But Jin doesn't really care anymore. The old Jin would've immediately called him to explain things in a different way so he wouldn't be hurt.

But now, he figures that these are the things that people experience in life that helps them grow into functioning adults.. usually.

Tae was at Jin's one day, just relaxing on Jin's lap with his eyes closed as Jin ran his fingers through his hair. He was ready to doze off when he received a phone call. He immediately sat up, knowing that it was his very strict mother calling by her assigned ringtone.

Jin frowned at his change of demeanor and kept his eyes on his gorgeous boyfriend.

"Yes eomma?" He overheard Tae ask.

Jin was confused at how different Tae sounded when he spoke to his mother. And now that he thought about it, he never mentions her.

He listened to partial conversation and he could tell that Tae was not very happy with what is being said. Tae was fidgeting with his shirt and would sigh inwardly. When he hung up, he sat in a daze until Jin tapped his arm.

"Is everything ok Tae? You seem upset."

He then turned to him, held his hands and said, "Jin, you know I love you right?"

He nodded nervously, wary of what was coming next. He took a deep breath, struggling with his words.

"My mother just called me to tell me that one of her best friends daughter is coming to start her second semester at our school."

"Ok, and?" Jin knew something bad was coming.

"Jin, I haven't told you because I was hoping it would never happen. But I... I.. oh fuck."

"Just spit it out Taehyung."

He then looks at Jin with tear filled eyes and says, "I-I'm engaged.."

Jin's breath hitched and just stared into space. Tae then tried to hold his hands, which he pushed away.

"Please Jinnie, I don't want to get married to someone I don't even know. Our parents set this up years ago and it's how things are done in families like mine."

"So your mother called to tell you that your betrothed is coming here so you can what? Start the courting process?"

When he didn't say anything Jin knew he was right.

"And you're going to do it?" He choked out.

"I.. I don't want to. I love you." He whispered.

"But you're still going to, right?" He was silent.. so Jin got mad.

"I want you to leave.."

He stood up, crying and reaching for Jin's hands.

"Please Jinnie, don't do this. We can work something out."

Jin chortled and yelled out, "Work something out? Are you shitting me? You are asking me to be your side chick?

Fuck you.. I may not be from your world and your stupid traditions, but I know my self worth. I already loved someone before who I loved more than myself. And I know I deserve better. I want someone who is going to love me with everything he has and is willing to fight for me. Not turn and run, and bend to their families will. So please leave Taehyung. It's over. I don't think we can be friends, at least not for a while. Maybe when the wound isn't so fresh. But definitely not now."