08 - first peaceful talk?

The two stopped by a minimart, next to a gasoline station.

It's almost sundown, the skies shifting in yellow and orange hues as they walk through the streets. I just wanted to get some fresh air.

Jisung settled on a chair in front of her, munching on his hotdog sandwich and sipping his slurpee.

Ahrin took a big bite at her doughnut, her eyes wandering outside of the clean, transparent glass wall.

"Earth is wonderful, isn't it?" she mumbled and turned to the demon, who's blankly staring at her.

"I mean, the surroundings are colorful; the skies can either be bright or dull; the ground can be cemented or soiled; foods come in different varieties; nature is free but also abused." she sighed.

"You're too young to stress for the world."

"Being concerned for the world doesn't come in ages, Jisung. Also, it's nice if kids practice caring at a young age."

"But if they're in the right mind to explore the world, don't you think they won't be influenced to do bad?"

Ahrin pouted as if he were right.

"I heard and seen countless stories from my world, Ahrin. They're once innocent kids waddling to the trash can, and now they use the whole world as their trash collector."

"They were really that bad?"

"Worst, the verge of anger is sickening, and the stuffy stinky stench of blood doesn't get me started."

Ahrin nodded and sipped on her slurpee. "But shouldn't you be used to that, though? It's basically your home."

"I died at 14.. stabbed on the frat."

Her eyes widened. "You're in a frat!?"

Jisung hissed, "Go tell the whole world then."

She pursed her lips, mumbling a sorry.

"Jaemin hyung told me, basically, I'm dead, living in a whole new world, not remembering anything from my past."

"So your soul was sent directly to hell?"

He smirked. "They told me how much of a sinner I am, so why do I deserve to be in heaven?"

"And you're okay with that?"

"Sure, hell is the worst path for your soul, but my soul managed to get a family—a mini circle of seven friends," he chuckled. "We were inseparable, though I wanted to disown them most of the time."

Ahrin's ears perked up in his story. "Tell me more."

Jisung was met with her sparkly googly eyes.

"Come on, you basically knew half of my life. I wanted to know you too!"

"But I don't remember."

"Oh," she frowned.

Jisung flashed a smile. "I'm going to make new memories, though. Maybe you're in there."

"I should be. I'm going to look for you down there and smack you hard if you won't."

They both laughed.

"Oh my gosh, I never thought I'd be hanging out with a demon."

That made Jisung tense up.

"But you're too nice to be one. Really, Jisung, I'm happy to know more of you than your arrogant side."

The demon clenched his fist and sighed.

"You shouldn't"

"Hm?"

"I'm a demon, I'm not nice, and we'll stick to it."

"Then I'll stick to it too, until I find that man who offered me the candle."

Jisung nodded. "We'll find him."

And Jisung should control his developing feelings whenever she's around.

He doesn't want Chenle to lose more friends.