19 - last wish

Ahrin was on her way to school when a light bounced on her steps.

She stopped in front of the large gates and turned around with a big smile.

"Be good, okay?"

"Aye, aye, captain!"

She brought her small hand to a salute and shared a heartwarming laugh with her dad.

After a further series of goodbyes and flying kisses, Ahrin sprinted her way inside.

She greeted all the guards and the teachers along the way like a bubbly 8-year-old girl.

Ahrin stopped by the ice cream truck, where she always buys after lunch.

"Hi, Mr. Jeon!" she greeted.

"Oh, good morning, Ahrin. Ice cream in the morning isn't good for you," the middle-aged man warned, yet a smile was engraved on his lips.

The little girl ended up in a pout and nodded.

When she turned back, she caught sight of a boy sitting alone on a colorful tire on the corner.

Because she wanted to spread her early happiness, she called Mr. Jeon in a giggle.

"One vanilla cup, please!"

"Ahrin, no good for your teeth."

"But Mr. Jeon, I'm giving it to the boy in the corner; he looked like he needs ice cream."

The elder followed where she was pointing, and his face lit up.

He hurriedly prepared a small cup of vanilla ice cream and handed it to the bouncy little girl.

"Here, no need to pay me, okay? Just make sure your friend will smile."

Ahrin happily nodded and quickly thanked the man, grabbing the cup.

She carefully ran to the boy's side and poked his shoulder.

She gasped when she saw his cheek getting red and swollen.

"What happened to you?"

"None of your business," he coldly replied.

Ahrin puffed her cheeks and handed the cup. "Here!"

The boy just stared at her.

"Take it! It's vanilla ice cream, and it can make you happy!"

Although the boy felt creeped out because of her bright energy, he slowly got the cup.

"I'm Kim Ahrin!" she beamed.

"P-park Jisung"