PROLOGUE ;;

PROLOGUE ; CRIMSON RED, THE COLOR OF BLOOD AND DEATH

The sounds of twigs snapping from the movements coming from three pairs of feet echoed throughout the designated area they were assigned to investigate. The breeze dancing along with the fluttering leaves compliments the illumination from the full-moon that is shining above.

Three individuals namely Urokodaki Sakonji, a man in blue cloud-patterned jinbei kimono and has white-colored hair; Kuwajima Jigoro, a very short man wearing the same jinbei kimono with a color difference, a yellow-brown and triangle as a pattern; while the last man, Rengoku Shinjuro who wears a traditional kimono robe and has an unusual colored orange to flare haired, met the evening sky.

"Is this the right path?" Sakonji, the current Water Hashira, broke the silence between the three of them.

Shinjuro, the current Flame Hashira snorts as if he heard a dumb question coming from his comrade's mouth, "We are taking the right path, Urokodaki, or are you nervous to fight against a powerful demon?" he taunts, as they move forward, nearing the place.

Jigoro, the current Thunder Hashira who felt an argument is about to rise, lightly kicks the Flame Hashira's knee, earning a groan from him. "Do not engage in a fight, you walking flame!" he exclaims.

The said male could only roll his eyes at the short figure of the male, "And you didn't have to do that you short-stack!"

An irk-mark suddenly appeared on the Thunder Hashira's forehead, "HAH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOU PUNK?!"

And before Jiguro could launch towards the taunting male who stuck his tongue out at him, Urokodaki managed to hold him back, earning an indirectly smacks from Jigoro who's so close at punching Shinjuro.

"You're the oldest out of the bunch, yet, you act like a child, Jigoro-san." it was supposed to be a harmless comment coming from the Water breath user, however, it went from one ear to another as Jigoro smack his hands away.

"You ugly tengu-mask user!" screams Jiguro.

The man wearing the tengu-mask, Urokodaki, could only sigh in defense as Jiguro continued to bicker with Shinjuro, allowing their noises to be the background of the night. However, the once bickering and scolding turned into chuckles.

"I can't believe this is going to be our last time becoming a demon slayer," the oldest of the men said, receiving a nod of agreements from Shinjuro and Sakonji.

Sakonji holds his hands together behind his back, calmly viewing the scenery before him, "I guess, it's nice for Oyakata-sama to make us group together, directly sending his farewell to us as a member of the function."

"Just so you wait, my son would become a Hashira just like me," Shinjuro commented, earning a jab from Jiguro. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Reminding you that my future tsuguko would also become a Hashira." he smirks, taunting the youngest of the trio. His eyes landed towards Sakonji's figure, "What about you? Planning to have a future tsuguko?"