CHAPTER THIRTEEN ;

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ; A GLASS OF GREED

A woman clad in a sophisticated wine red dress caught the attention of all bystanders inside a restaurant in the city of Toyama. The sound of her stilettos resonated around the specific place. She held her head high as golds dangled around her neck, wrist, and ears; a sign that the woman is considered as one of the elites.

Her social standing is above higher than average.

[Name]'s eyes glint in amusement as all of the men watched her waist swayed while women eyed her with envy and irritation. Her crimson red hair was tied in a ponytail, accompanied by a gold hairpin on its center. This causes her to gather hungry predators that have ill intent towards her riches.

She made her way towards an empty chair where a bartender waits for her arrival.

"What would you like to have, miss?" a man wearing a tuxedo asks her.

"Martini." the tender immediately nodded and do his work as he turned his back on her, preparing the order with a swift movement. The young female slayer could only let out a chuckle at the encounter.

Her eyes scan the room, trying to find something that would catch her interest. Something that screams playable. She rested her side cheek on her palm, as her other hand taps the wooden table in front of her.

A man not far away from her tilts his head, a smirk curling unto his lips. Iguro Daiki took a stride forward towards the unaware female. His eyes shining bright at the glimpse of gold chains around her body. The male felt his fingers twitch at the sight of it, wanting to claim something so valuable in the market.

The woman thanked the bartender after he handed her a drink. Joyfully placing two gold coins on the table causes the bartender to widen his eyes.

"On the house," and then playfully winks at him.

This caught the attention of Daiki. 'What a thoughtful woman'. he thought to himself, "An easy prey."

The unnamed employee blinks before slowly taking the gold coins in his trembling hands. He gaped at the feeling of two 10,000 yen in his grasps. "T—thank you so much, Madame!" an amount of money that could pay off his monthly expenses and give him enough food for years. He could even resign from his position now with the amount of money he has!

People immediately whispered at the sudden act of the female Fatale as she sips her martini, unbothered by the seekers wanting to gain her attention now. There's only one man whom she wanted to notice her.

And thanks to her acting, he took a strike.

"Alone?"

[Name] glanced on her side. She raised an eyebrow, 'Can't he see that I was alone all this time?', she thought to herself before feigning ignorance of her thought.