CHAPTER ELEVEN ;;

CHAPTER ELEVEN ; BOW AND ARROW

The blaring light coming from above cast upon the lone peculiar figure inside the forest. Her usual uniform was nowhere to be seen as it was replaced with a white gown and a red vest with dark burgundy borderlines, and a light pink sash tied around her waist. Her glowing crimson hair breathes in the rays of the sun.

Sounds of leaves being stepped on as [Name] makes her way up towards her destination became her companion. The stack of arrows resting on her shoulders is paired with a bow in her hand. Noting that she has a day off for today, she decided to spend it alone. Fingers gripping tightly on her bow, she stops in her tracks as her eyes landed on the 'X' mark on the forest's pavement.

Her breathing relaxes, feet planted on the red mark placed in the center of the forest. Positioning the arrow on the arrow shelf, she extended her bow arm; flexing her fingers out, and turning her wrist slightly to make a letter 'V' out of it. [Name] sets her bow in the middle of the 'V', and pulled back a little the bowstring with her other hand.

Once her body releases all the tension, her foot presses hard on the 'X' spot pulling it down to the ground. Instantly, pieces of arrows pierce through the air, all targeting the crimson-haired female standing in the center.

Her magenta orbs focus on the first arrow coming towards her, clasping the strings. As if the world slows down in her perspective, her movements seem a continuous smooth running water against the fine structure of stones. [Name]'s arrow slashes on the middle's target, tearing it into halves.

She twists, turns, and docks as more arrows went straight ahead of her. Her reflexes were fast and agile. Not a single distraction made her waver. More arrows fell towards the ground, all were cut into halves and each arrow pierces and landed on the nearest tree they could fit in.

Gaining momentum, she jumps from trunks to trunks. The vitality of her speed increases as she strides forward towards her target arrows, more pieces fly towards her. Her feet made an impact on one of the tree trunks, causing it to quake before she pivots herself to another evergreen. Seconds later, the last arrow flung across her, making her body move aside. Not wanting to exhaust her energy for shooting it.

Her lungs rise and down as she awaits her body to regain it's breathing. Transparent liquid cascade down her forehead. The cool temperature that made her refresh now decreases after her workout has commenced. Both of [Name]'s hands rested on her sides, eyes closed as her head looks towards the sky.

Abruptly opening her eyes after she heard the crisps of fallen leaves being stepped on, she gazes in the direction of the intruder.

There stood a man, owning the eyes of dark shade blue; he did not realize how he was gawking at her, not until she spoke.