CHAPTER TWO ;;

CHAPTER TWO ; BUT SATISFACTION, BROUGH IT BACK

The news of the three Hashiras retiring wasn't a surprise in the Demon Slayer Corps.

After the unfortunate mission they had encountered with three Upper Moons, they bid their farewells to go on separate paths.

One who decided to settle down alone in an unpopulated mountain called Sagiri; the other one decided to head back home to his estate and fulfill his duty to cultivate his inheritor for the Flame Breathing, while the oldest among the trio, made his way back home towards North, where he could reside and live in peace.

However, with their retirement, three spots were left to fulfill by the lower rank demon slayers who wish to obtain the highest ranking. With that being said, Ubuyashiki Kagaya could see how the gap of the three known strongest members of the circle created a hole within the organization.

Yet, after confirming the whereabouts and information of the crimson-haired savior of his three children, he still feels anxious about the void that was yet to be filled.

Despite new youthful and stronger members of the said organization are taking part in the competition to become a capable member of the function. He still feels unsatisfied with the result.

There came tapping on his door, he waits for the person to slide the object open, and there stood his wife and their newly born son in her arms.

"What made you come here, my wife?" he asks tenderly, instructing his wife to come to sit near him seeing her expression that confronted an apprehensive state.

Carefully making her way towards their bed, Amane sat beside him as she cradles their son in her chest. "Did the slayer sent a reply to your message?" she asked in a hushed approach, not wanting to wake up their son who is sleeping peacefully.

Not wishing to create a noise, the head of the Ubuyashiki Family shakes his head. "Not yet," he says, "I'm still pursuing the unknown slayer to become a Hashira."

"I can see why." she said in a matter-of-fact, "She beheaded three higher rank demons on her first mission, and it was not even a mere week nor month did she accomplished such achievement."

"Indeed, what a strength she has." he could not agree more, "Withal, despite requesting for her presence in this household, she has yet to answer our invitation to become a Hashira."

He looks at the paper that laid on the tatami floor. Information about the swordsman that he desires to become one of his strongest combatants is currently exposed in their eyes, still, the lingering satisfaction he wanted to claim was never seen.

Kagaya was never desperate for something, it wasn't his nature. It wasn't his nature to plead his members to become one of the powerful force that binds the corporation. He knows his privileges. He understands what he lacks and what his best cards are.