Stuck

After about ten minutes I was sick of the quiet.

"Kol." He only hums in response.

"I don't hate you."

"They why don't you wanna be alone with me?"

"..."

"Exactly."

After the longest 30 seconds of my life I come up with an answer.

"Because I'm scared." This time he actually looks at me, shocked.

"I would never hurt you."

"That's not what I'm afraid of..."

"Then what?" A tear runs down my face.

"Everyone I've ever so much as had a small crush on has died, no matter there power. I figure it's a punishment for being what I am." He comes over to the bed and hugs me.

"Shhhhh, I've died for good twice. I always find a way back again."

"What if the third times your last chance. What if you die for good, for-forever." I ask sobbing into his broad shoulder.

"Those are just if's Darling. Maybe nature just wants you to finally find the one. Maybe she decided you should only be with the one you whole heartedly want to be with. Maybe she was just waiting till you found me." He says the last part quietly as we pull away, I just stare at the vampire wide-eyed.

Was that a confession?

He clears his throat, "How, er, lend has it been?" I look at the clock on my dresser.

"About thirty minutes."

"Ok-wait."

"What?"

"That was technically a confession that you like me." He smirks, and I hit him in the chest.

"You confessed to, idiot!" We go silent and I realize there's no sound down stairs. "Oh god."

"What?"

"They've totally been listening to this whole...thing!"

"Who?" I smack my forehead.

"We're tryna have a personal conversation here! Go make out or something!" I call to ship below.

"Shut up Rora!" I here Caroline.

"Klaroline! Klaroline!"

"As soon as we get out I'm gonna kill you!"

"Nu uh uh! Don't talk like that young lady! Just do something with Klaus!"

She growls, "I'm leaving this conversation!"

I gasp, "Don't tell me the two of you are naked right now!"

She stays silent and I giggle. I pull out my sketch book and start drawing not really caring what Kol's doing.

After it's been about 50 minutes I look up to see Kol snooping.

"Kol get your dirty paws off my stuff."

"Oh come on, I'm just exploring your drawings. You're better than my brother Love."

"I can hear you!"

"Stop eavesdropping, little dog!" I yell down. "And you! These are personal, shoo!" I say, now in front of him, facing the desk of sketches. I be sure to hide a couple I specifically don't want him seeing.

I turn back around only for him to be right in front of me.

"Eee!" I squeal.

"Were those pictures of me you just hid away?"

"Are you kidding? That's ridiculous." That sounded convincing, right?

He narrows his eyes, leaning towards me in an intimidating stature.(?)

"You sure about that?" I just hold my breathe like my life depends on it.

He grazes my hip as he goes to grab the drawer handle. I'm so nervous I'm frozen, I can't do anything.

Suddenly I hear kissing noises, and come out of it. "Omg you guys! Keep down a little would you?!" They ignore me and I grab Kol's hand, pulling it away from the drawer. "Bad vampire." I bonk him upside the head. (Gibbs style).

I go back to the bed muttering a quick spell to keep the drawer locked up.

I gasp when I see the clock, "What?" Kol asks. I point to it, it's been an hour and fifteen minutes. I then put my index finger to my lips signaling for him to be quiet.

I speed down to Klaus' art studio and knock, I hear things moving around, some clothes being patted down and put back on, and some disturbingly high heartbeats. I smirk.

Well at least this part of the plan didn't totally backfire.

"Your times up lovebirds." Caroline comes to the door, I smirk yet again, "How was it?"

"Oh, would you shut it? I'm going home."

"And I'm spending the night at your place." She rolls her eyes. "Brb." I speed up finding an empty room, I grasp the essentials and come back down, "Let's go."

"Fine." She huffs.

"KLAUS! KOL! I'LL BE AT CAROLINE'S IF YOU NEED ME!" I grab my phone from the couch and we leave.

745 words