Cough

Sorry for the gif if it's too bloody, but IMO, it looks like jam lol

..............................

~Toby's POV~

I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing a noise. Hacking? Coughing? It sounded like a cat hacking up a furball. I groaned and sat up. "Masky?"

"T-To-" Masky was cut off by the hacking sound again. I noticed it was him. I stood up and ran over to him, kneeling down next to his shaking form. He was coughing heavily and it sounded...horrific. He coughed and gasped and I turned on the light. A wet sound was heard and I grimaced at the sight of a red liquid splattering on the hardwood floor. Shaking, he slowly calmed down.

"Y-You okay..?" I whispered. I didn't even know why I was whispering. So as not to anger him? I had no idea. He wiped his mouth, sighing slightly. He shoved me away and got off his hands and knees.

"You ever cough up blood?" Masky asked me, and I stared.

"Uh, no? Why?" I was so confused. Why would I cough up blood? It made no sense.

"Amnesia?" He asked, not answering my question.

"Well, I did. I did when I got here, but a few months before you got here, Clockwork was driving me to a mission, and some guy hit us with his care and I got my memory back..."

"Okay...Ever not have control of your body and not remember it?"

"You know that, Masky. Why are you asking me this?" I sighed, accidentally hitting my elbow off the leg of his bed. "Shit!"

"Slender sickness, Toby! That's what it does!" He hissed at me, quiet. "Amnesia, coughing, throwing up blood, exhaustion, coughing blood, schizophrenia, nosebleeds, deja vu, violent convulsions, nausea!"

"No..." I breathed out. I recognised all of these, except the blood throwing up and coughing it up. But...how? I didn't know. I didn't know how I hadn't noticed before that the whole fucking house was like that... "No..."

"It's okay...I know it's weird..." Masky said softly, then paused. His unmasked face turned hard and he groaned. "Go back to bed. Now." He did that, and I done the same. 

The sound of him lightly coughing echoed the whole night.

..............................

Yeah, just wanted a short chapter, idk. Lol. The seeds of mistrust have been planted >:)

Lol idk

Word Count: 389

~Majora xx