Backstories (MH SPOILERS)

Yeah, just Toby and Masky's Backstories.

🛑MH SPOILERS🛑

..............................

"D-Did I ever tell you how I became a proxy..?" Toby nervously looked at him.

"No, actually. Well, you did mention burning your house down." Tim sat down on one of the old, grimy red chairs. 

"Uh, well...I should tell you the whole story...maybe..." Toby bit at the bandages on his hands.

"You don't have to, I haven't told you anything..."

"It's still a good idea. Let's be honest, we fight a lot so we'll be working together a lot. We're partners. So we need trust." He got the bandages off and began to chew at his fingers.

"Stop that." Tim bandaged up his hands, making it tighter.

"S...Sorry. So. My sister died in a...in a car crash. The driver was drunk, and he crashed. Me and my mum survived, but she was crushed under the weight. My dad was an alcoholic, not the guy who crashed the car, by the way, but he couldn't see her before she passed away cause he was piss drunk. So I hated him, because he treated my mum like a servant, abused Lyra before that happened and he abused me. I couldn't care less about me, I can't feel pain, but he hurt the people I loved." Toby spat out, obviously filled with enraging memories of the man.

"He hurt them, and he needed to pay. I didn't really talk anymore, but that wasn't unusual. I was homeschooled because of bullying, they all called me Ticci Toby. Sometimes, when I looked out of my window, I could see Slenderman. But I locked myself in my room and bit at my fingers, but my mum found me doing it and sent me to a therapist. I saw Slender there again and I started to freak out. I didn't go back.

"Whenever I washed dishes I 'hallucinated' sharks in the sink, but they weren't hallucinations! I saw them! I started losing control of my body, like I was on autopilot. One day, I think that's when I lost it. I heard the voices in my head going 'kill him, kill him'! And I did. I grabbed a knife and killed my son of a bitch dad, but my mum saw. So I went to the garage, stole the old bastards hatchets and some gasoline and matches and I burned that shithole of a neighbourhood down. Just before I died on the smoke, Slender saved me, but when I fell before almost dying I got this huge gash on my face." Toby pulled down the plaster to reveal a huge chunk of skin missing, and his teeth and gums revealed. Somehow, it wasn't infected.

"I'm...sorry..." Tim said, feeling bad for the young man. "Having to live with that..."

"Oh, I just got my memory back, a few months before you came. I was being driven to a mission by Jeff and we got in a car crash. For some reason, I didn't have any of my old memories before that. I'm pretty sure Jeff blames himself because for a month or two I was kinda depressing." Toby chuckled and rubbed his neck.

"Did you ever find out why you lost your memories..?" Tim was careful with his words.

"Hm. No, actually..." Toby shrugged and twitched.

"Slender. He causes amnesia." Tim said softly. "Jay had missing memory, seven whole months. He had no footage or anything."

"But...why would he take my memory..?" Toby's eyes widened. "He...he took...my memories?" He slid to the floor. Tim couldn't think of anything to say so he sat beside him and rubbed his back.

"Hey...uh...want to hear...how I ended up in this mess?" Tim asked and Toby looked up through tear-filled eyes.

"Yeah..." He sounded sad.

"Well, when I was seven my parents, uh," Tim cleared his throat, "My parents abandoned me at a mental hospital. I was there for years, diagnosed with a crap ton of stuff before the doctors settled on schizophrenia, but I'm not even sure they were sure. I got medication for it and that helped keep the Oper-Slender away.

"Jay investigated Marble Hornets and died. He died alone. He was shot in the stomach by Alex, and Brian fell to his death. They both died alone and slowly and it was my fault! I stabbed Alex in the neck and all of my friends were dead. Alex, Jay, Brian, Seth, Amy, Sarah. Only me and Jessica survived. Jessica thinks Jay moved state and she has no idea what happened to him. I moved state because I thought all of this shit was over! I thought all this was over, so I moved away from Alabama, and then he caught up to me!" Tim was crying slightly too. "It was all my fault! I could've saved Brian, and I shouldn't have left Jay alone."

"Oh shut up!" Toby cried. "It wasn't your fault. Slender hurt us both. He's hurt us both. He's hurt family and friends and innocent people. He's made me kill people, and we're on our fucking way to kill an innocent woman."

"Yeah..." Tim whispered. "It's...so..." He couldn't find the words.

"We need to plan to escape. Escape him, escape this life, escape being a proxy, escape everything."  Toby said seriously. 

"Yeah, after this mission, we'll head back and we'll plan, pretend we're finally getting along and then we'll go on the run." Tim stood up, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I'll kill the woman, you already have enough blood on your hands."

"You sure?" Toby glanced at him, wiping his eyes furiously, pulling his goggles over his eyes to hide how red they were. 

"You should go to sleep. I'm out for a smoke." Tim grabbed his jacket and pulled it over his shoulders.

"No, I'll join you, we need a plan, after all." Toby took a cigarette from Tim's palm. 

"Yep, plans." They lit their cigarettes and began to plot.

..............................

Yep...

Word Count 980

~Majora xx