Chapter Five

Airachnid's wounds were small, but they stung. She hissed, and searched the wreckage of her blown up ship. Nothing. She would survive her injuries, but it would be painful. She just had to hope she didn't get a virus from all the bacteria on Earth getting to her exposed wires.

Airachnid found a good place to take shelter within the ship, and allowed herself to rest. She didn't know when it would be peaceful again, and she couldn't go very far. Not without a better way to travel, or without getting healed first.

She closed her optics, and allowed her processor to shut down.

Elita-1 stared nervously around the classroom. She was new to the school here in Iacon. She had just moved here, and she had no friends. Taking a deep breath, she walked up to the professor.

He merely glanced at her, before turning his optics back to his datapad. "Take the seat between Arcee and Tailgate. Maybe you'll be able to get them to stop talking during class."

Elita-1 nodded shyly, and turned back to the desks that were scattered around the classroom. She saw two younglings waving at her, a seat open between them. She walked over to them, and smiled nervously.

"Hi! I'm Arcee, and this is my best friend, Tailgate! What's your name?" the blue and pink femme grinned, gesturing to the red and green mech.

"Elita-1", the blue and gold femme whispered, ducking her helm as she took her seat. Arcee grinned.

"I like that name! It's very pretty!" 

"T-thanks. I l-like your name t-too", Elita-1 managed to stutter out. Tailgate glared at Arcee.

"Arcee, stop scaring the poor femme."

"I-I'm not sc-scared!" Elita-1 said quietly.

"You're stuttering, and  you're shaking. I'm fairly certain you're scared."

Elita-1 shook her head. "I-I'm just n-nervous. I've n-never been t-to a p-public sc-school b-before and I j-just m-moved here."

"Ooooh, that's why I've never seen you around before!" Arcee said loudly. "I knew I would've noticed a femme as pretty as you."

Elita-1's face flushed blue as she shrunk down in her seat as everyone in the classroom turned to stare at them.

"Arcee, don't tell me you're trying to get the newbie in trouble on your first day", the professor called loudly. Arcee just grinned at him.

"Sorry, Professor. But it's like I said, she's so pretty, I couldn't help but talk to her."

Elita-1 hid her faceplate in her servo to hide how blue it was. She faintly heard Tailgate sigh, causing Elita-1 to peek out from behind her servos. She glanced over at Arcee, who was smiling brightly.

The professor sighed loudly, before talking sternly. "Just stop talking to her, Arcee, and pay attention to the lesson."

Arcee nodded enthusiastically, which most people in the class knew was fake. The professor started drawling on about the lesson, and Elita-1 started trying to pay attention to take notes on her datapad, but a message popped up on her screen. She frowned, squinting her optics before opening the message.

-He never said we couldn't message each other-

Elita-1 giggled and glanced over at Arcee, who was smiling widely at her. Elita-1 ducked her head down and blushed, before typing out a message.

-You're a troublemaker, aren't you?-

-You know it. :P -

Elita-1 giggled again, which drew a few looks from other students in the class and she instantly quieted down and focused on taking notes again.