Time to fight

The next day at around 5 am a man jogging in the park discovered Cody's lifeless body and called the police immediately. Meanwhile Bryan was already awake at home and on his way to the living room he saw his  father already dressed for going to work.

- Hello dad, why are you already ready for work so early ? Is there a problem?
-Oh yes we just reported the murder of a man in Osler Park whose head was cut off.
-Oh shit, daddy yesterday Cody asked me to go jogging with him in the park and i've declined. I'm afraid, it's him daddy. He went running all alone.
-Don't worry the chances are low son. Well, I'm going, they're expecting me at the crime scene
-Be careful daddy

When his father was gone, Bryan got a call from Kimberly

- Hello my love, you are already awake at this hour? (Said Bryan)
-Yes yes apparently you too. I thought I would fall on your mailbox (said Kimberly)
- Laughing out loud. Usually I don't get up  so early you know but today I don't know why it was the case
- Anyway, are you aware that there was a murder in the park last night? -Oh yes daddy just told me and he just left to go to the scene.
-On my side, Doctor Mason made a phone call to my father to tell him and he told me. Anyway, take care of you my love, i'll talk to you later bye -Goodbye

At the scene of the crime in the park, the tension was present.

-The head must be somewhere in the bushes, search well (Inspector Mulligan ordered the officers)
- We found it (affirmed an agent) -Show (said doctor Mason)
-Yes yes take  a look (said an agent)
-Apparently the crime of our serial killer was precipitated. He just chopped off the head, but with that head we can identify the victim (said Dr. Mason)
- Show me that face doctor, I would like to confirm my concerns (said Mr. Mulligan)
-Get it (said Doctor Mason)

When Mr. Mulligan saw the face on the head he could not hold his tears

-Oh my God this is Cody my son's best friend. My son was worried because Cody had told him he was going for a jog in the park last night. How can this killer dare to attack our children? - I'm sincerely sorry inspector (said doctor Mason)
- I wonder how to announce it to Bryan and again I wonder how I will announce it to the parents of Cody (said sadly Mr. Mulligan)
- Look I think he left a message with the blood of his victim on the ground (says an officer)
-Yes yes it says: ONE BY ONE YOU WILL FALL INHABITANTS OF BORKS But why such hatred towards the inhabitants of Borks?(said another officer)
- We will know when we'll get our hands on him (said Inspector Reagan, Mr. Mulligan's best friend)

Several hours later, during a lesson given by Kimberly's father in an amphitheater at university of Borks, Kimberly noticed the absence of Bryan in the room. She then started to worry and was obviously impatient for the class to end .

-Dear students I hope you have been paying attention, remember that the lives of millions of people in the future will rest in your hands as you will be doctors. One last tip beware of the serial killer lurking. See you at the next session

After that Kimberly left the amphitheater first went to the chemistry department of the university to greet her uncle Professor Edward Cooper who is a chemistry researcher and after that drove her car towards the Mulligan's house. Kimberly's mother flown to Venice in Italy  to decorate the villa of a wealthy businessman and will be back at the end of the week. When Kimberly tried to reach Bryan on the phone, he did not answer calls. Apparently Mr. Mulligan was at the police station . Once at Bryan's home she saw that the door was wide open and on entering she saw Bryan sobbing with a knife ready to stab himself

-Bryan no don't do that ,put that knife down please
-Cody is dead my love. He was the victim found in Osler's park. My love, Cody was my best friend since I was 6 years old. I shared everything with him, all my passions. He was even the bassist of my band. Now i can't imagine my life without him. That's why I was not in class today.
-I'm so sorry my love I understand how much he meant to you and I feel so bad now
-If I had agreed to go jogging with him he would still be alive I'm sure. Yesterday he asked it to me and I told him that I couldn't
- Don't say that my love. You know all this revolts me. Those who are dear to us are being massacred and justice is unable to avenge their deaths. I think we need to help the police with the investigation to catch this killer, let's do it for Cody.
-I totally agree with you my love i will kill the one who did that to Cody i will kill him.

Bryan's tears continued to fall as Kimberly slowly wiped them away.

-To conduct our investigation we will consider all possible clues. First of all, we know that this killer has a certain hatred and resentment for our city. This constitutes our first clue. The other clues will come over time. I forgot ,my father shouldn't know that we are investigating.Promised? -Promised my love

Kimberly immediately embraced Bryan and the two lovers stayed that way for a long time.

A month after the murder, with all appearances calm, the borks police received one morning a message in their mail from the killer.
The message said: GO CHECK ONCE AGAIN AT OSLER PARKS I GOT ONE MORE SURPRISE FOR YOU. DURING THAT MONTH YOU THOUGHT THAT THE NIGHTMARE WAS OVER BUT YOU WERE WRONG IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING. I WILL STOP THE DAY I WILL HAVE KILLED YOU ALL. SO SIT DOWN AND WATCH. THAT WILL BE GREAT.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😁😁
Next chapter next friday 🤗😇😇