03 | Strawberry wouldn't give you brain freeze

Song: Sweet melody by Little Mix

C H A P T E R  T H R E E:Strawberry wouldn't give you brain freeze♛

C H A P T E R T H R E E:
Strawberry wouldn't give you brain freeze

"HUH?" He looks confused as he pouts. "You mean the game, twenty questions?"

I click my tongue. "Precisely."

"Why?" He folds his arms.

"You'll see stranger-boy." Haha, because I was jaded.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks after a beat.

"Basic question. Black, until I find a darker color." I say after swallowing another Oreo.

He seems to really like my answer since his mouth forms an 'O'.

My eyes follow his gaze as he looks at his black leather jacket, black T-shirt underneath with a white logo of 'i can't with humans' and black jeans that fit very well. And I'm still chewing the whole Oreo with a stuffed mouth.

And we look back up at the same time. "Your turn."

"Uh, yeah," I shake my head, my pony bouncing.

"When is your birthday?"

"July 29th. You?"

"November 14." I say lowly, pausing my hand which carried the cookie and was on its way to my mouth. Here comes the rocket.

He nods before realisation dawns on him and he looks at me as if I were some ridiculous specimen.

"As in tomorrow?"

"Yes, Sherlock.That's exactly the reason why I wanted to go home. Do you think I'd be interested in marrying a man I've never even met?" I ramble before realising what I was saying. The engagement was perhaps the only thing on my mind.

I turned my face away from him and shook my head as I scoffed, my voice sharp. I scrunch the wrapper in my hand as it made plastic crushing noises. He was bewildered-eyes widened, tongue slipping. That's the look I'm so used to that I don't bother reacting.

"Y-you, marriage?"

"Mhm." I tuck a loose strand of my hair back in place while nodding.

"But you're...twenty!" I knew that. And yes his shock was justified.

"Twenty-one tomorrow. And it's an arranged marriage. Not that I really mind." I sigh. Not that I have a choice.

"But why?"

"Business." I snapped my fingers as I turn to him. "All freaking business." I tried not to exude venom in my words but the look on Aiden's face told me otherwise. I think he sort of knew. I make a ball of the wrapper and throw it right into the trash can. Shot.