06 | History of airport Morse codes

u n e d i t e d
Song: Getaway Car by Taylor Swift

C H A P T E R S I X :
History of airport Morse codes

IN THAT moment, I fucking melt.

The candle extinguishes as soon as I blow air on it and then I crack open my eyes to look at him.

This whole situation was ludicrous.

"Happy birthday," he says.

"We're the same age now." I say as I puff out my chest in order to appear intimidating but then I realise I don't need to do that. I'm enough already.

"Yeah, we are," says Aiden as he ruffles my hair.

"You've got quite a memory." I mutter, fiddling with the cupcake in my hands.

He nods quietly.

"So all this," I gesture to the cute little decoration beside the men's restroom. "..was your doing in that forty- minute long bathroom break while I lay asleep on the cold floor?" I shudder.

He nods softly, looking down. "I'm so sor-"

"Thank you."

"So sorr-what?"

"You heard me the first time." I say a little strictly but smiling as I look down.

"Thank you, for doing all of this, for a person whom you barely know."

He gives me a dashing smile, the one with the dimple. The dimple! I remembered the word.

"Its been a pleasure to make you smile, stranger lady." He bows.

"But...why?"

He shrugs. "Just so we can level up."

I cock an eyebrow. "Strangers," he gestures between us, "To acquaintances."

"To an acquaintance who is acquainted with the other acquaintance enough to get a cupcake for her birthday? And knows just as much about her as her friends?" I grab my bag and fish out an oreo which we split in half.

He pauses, looking at his Oreo. "Precisely." He says before taking a bite.

I doubt he even heard what I said.

And then he raises an imaginary bonnet.

"Cheers. To acquaintances who are acquainted enough to share oreos." That is a lot he has spoken at once. Good growth.

"To acquaintances," I start as he looks at me questioningly. "And whatever you said after."

He nods sarcastically.

I scrunch up my nose which he then taps.

I knit my eyebrows at that and he taps the centre of my forehead.

"What in the-"

I hadn't realised that I had scrunched my nose again which he tapped.

And what happened next will forever be remembered in the history of airport morse codes. If that's even a thing.

Scrunch.

Tap.

Scrunch.

Tap.

Scrunch.

Tap.

Scrunch. Scrunch.