04 | Don't get any of that drool on my jeans

u n e d i t e d
Song: Heavy by Linkin Park

C H A P T E R   F O U R :Don't get any of the drool on my jeans♛

C H A P T E R F O U R :
Don't get any of the drool on my jeans

JAW-tick.

Low grunt.

Exasperated eyes.

Check. Check. Check.

"What is it to you?" He inquired agitatedly as if my question stung- which I have a feeling, actually did.

I open my mouth and then close it again. Before I'm able to say something, he whips his head away from me, looking ahead.

"Why are we trying to get to know each other, huh?" He places his elbows on his knees and rests his chin on the heels of his hands. "Tell me, Emryn."

I swallow thickly before saying, "I think we've overstayed our visit here," as I glance at the seemingly busy, bearded owner of the shop and not-so-subtly changing the topic.We leave the shop, with a handful of candies. But then I realise that he got what he wanted-a change of subject. I'll bring it up to him again.

"I'm going to use the restroom." He stated.

"But-" I start.

He gives me one lingering look and walks away, to the restroom presumably. So I accompany him to that area as he goes inside the wc.

I wait. And wait and wait.

My eyes begin to droop but even after my patient waiting of about twenty minutes and one more, he still wasn't back. Must be a bad case of diarrhoea, I think to myself, due to all the sweets.

33 minutes and counting. He was still not back. I stifle a yawn. But then yawn anyway. I don't care about ruining my coat and finally acknowledge how my feet hurt due to constant pacing in three-inch heels.

I simply didn't care now-there were no paps here, or anyone who could possibly recognise me. I mean I just had 370K followers or something.

So, I sigh and take off my heels, and then my coat. I take off my jewellery-a rose pendant, my earrings and the rose-shaped ring on my finger and place them in my cream coloured bag.

Then I lean against the wall which was opposite the restroom but far enough to not let any odour reach me and slowly slide down until I'm seated and after swaying between consciousness and unconsciousness, when finally let myself fall into the clutches of darkness.

I fell asleep, per se.

***

Wish I could slow it down,

I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic

I hear a soft melody as I feel a faint touch on my head, like someone was caressing my hair, careful enough not to ruin it as the song wakes me from my slumber.