Chapter 16- I Know

It has been about a month since Jake and I have started dating. It has also been a month since Ross and I started secretly dating. It actually works out okay whenever no one is around Ross comes over and we make out and hang out until someone interrupts us. The only bad thing is that I only have three more months until my family comes home. Also over the past week i feel like jake and i have been drifting apart. Like this morning we were the only ones in the kitchen and we were talking but it felt really awkward. I sigh thinking about everything and keep staring at the wall until Jake walks in. "Hey baby" he says softly. "Hey" i say. "Umm i need to tell you something." He says nervously. "Yeah" i ask "tomorrow i have to go back home and i don't think a long distance relationship will work." Jake says "wait are you breaking up with me ?" I ask "yeah" jake sighs as i hold back tears. "Please leave" i say quietly and wait till he is gone before i break down. Even though i was cheating on Jake with Ross, Jake was still my first real boyfriend and i really liked him. I cried for about an hour and i still wasn't out of tears. I then knew there was only one person who could cheer me up. Ross. I quickly got up and ran out of my house not caring that i looked horrible. Lucky for me Ross was outside with Riker taking out the trash. As soon as Ross threw the trash bag in the trash can I tackled him in a hug. He jumped slightly shocked before wrapping his arms around me. Ross slowly swayed back and forth while whispering things in my ear to get me to calm down. Finally i was calmed down enough to the point where Ross moved back kneeling to my level and looking into my eyes. "Hey angel what's wrong?" He questions softly "Jake" i say before letting out a sob. "Hey hey hey angel it's okay. What did jake do?" Ross soothes. "He he he b-broke u-up with m-me." I stutter between cries. "That..." Ross starts angrily before looking at me and sighing. He gives me a sad smile before wrapping me in another hug this time the hug was tighter and more personal. "Hey maybe now we don't have to secretly date." Ross suggests in my ear. "One thing at a time" i sniff pulling him closer. "Okay Fernanda but just know i will never leave you." Ross says smiling. "I know" i sigh, "i know." I don't really remember how long we were standing in the driveway but we were interrupted too soon. "Aww" i heard along with a camera snap. I quickly turn to see Rydel smiling at us and snapping pictures with her Polaroid camera. She grabs the photos and looks at them smiling before putting one out for us to see. I look at it smiling slightly and taking it. I put it in my jacket pocket before Ross drags me into the Lynch's house. He quickly drags me up to his room before closing the door and slamming his lips into mine. I slowly kiss back and smile. At that moment i realized one thing. Maybe Jake was an obstacle of my life to show me how much i needed Ross in my life. Or he might just have been something in the way of me realizing how much i really loved Ross. "Wow" i think to myself. "I love Ross. I really do love him." I smile into the kiss feeling happy and content with my life. Soon the mood was killed though as the door swung open. Ross and I jumped back to see Ryland in the doorway staring at us with wide eyes. "I knew it" he smirks as Ross rolls his eyes. "Hey babe." I hear as Katrina comes up behind Ryland and kisses his cheek. "Babe?" Ross questions smirking. "Yeah Katrina and I are dating now."
Ryland states proudly. "What about you and Fernanda? What's your excuse for that?" He asks. Ross looks at me and smiles. "We are dating too." He says as my jaw drops. "Oh my gosh" Katrina fangirls as Ryland smiles widely. "Rosanda is real" Ryland screams running downstairs probably to tell everyone else the news. Ross laughs at his little brothers happiness as I laugh at my best friend fangirling over Rosanda.